Home Forums General Discussion 3 month on AP blood results

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

SED rate (ESR) was 60 before AP, after 1 month  19 and at 3mo 11

CRP was 11 and at 3month     0.1

ANA was positive 1:380 now at 3month NEG

:):D:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

tbird2340
    Participant

Wow that's great! Congratulations!!

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Great stuff, what a great early Chrissy present Santa brought you.

Keep it up……………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

JeffN
    Participant

Great news! My SED rate is down to 7 from 43. Feels so much better. May your progress continue!!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Anna – that is absolutely fantastic – what a great result. Lynnie 

Just a note to other newbies: dont be discouraged if this doesnt happen to you – it is extremely early. And it is very common for bloodwork to actually go UP at first, which can be scary (for both you and non-AP docs if you are not aware of this). It can be part of the herx phenomenon. My RF went UP from 511 to 692 at first, even though I was feeling terrific. 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Hats off to Anna and Jeff!  Good work you two. :blush:

JeffN
    Participant

Thanks Kim, the 43 result was from March '07 and the 7 from just a few weeks back no SED rate tests in between. So my drop probably took a while but it's all good! Anna's quick result is fantastic.

Marie
    Participant

Wonderful news!

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Anna & Jeff:

Yippy! Ccongrats!

Now keep this information handy for your testimonial, Jeff, I'm putting you on the spot here, when can we expect to see your testimonial? Anna, you're new enough that I won't start pestering you for a while yet, but do keep good notes.

Again, I'm doing the happy dance for you both!

Cheryl

Anna
    Participant

Thank you very much for being happy with me, I'm very happy also but unfortunatelly i'm still in pain. Sed rate suposed to measure level of inflamation/pain, which brings me to WHY, why there is still pain…..if SED is so low

[user=2]Cheryl[/user], i did started my progress notes in progress thread, the link is attached to my signature, i think.

katieb
    Participant

That's fantastic news Anna ! And congrats to Jeff too ! :roll-laugh:

My CRP went down from Oct to Nov (71 to 39), then from Nov to Dec my SED went down from 35 to 29 (CRP still 39), so NOTHING GOING UP :roll-laugh:. SED rate is the one my rheumy's department take more notice of.

I can hardly wait for each monthly test, gradually approaching those magic values of 7 & 16 we are aiming for.

As for pain, I also was wondering about that, because in the beginning of my illness I had pain, but the CRP & SED were both normal at that stage.

Hope you soon get rid of the pain too anyway Anna – it says on the http://www.rheumatic.org FAQ that sometimes blood results precede clinical improvement, and vice versa.

Katie 🙂

davew
    Participant

Amazing results Anna! Good for you!

Maz
    Keymaster

Anna and Jeff….so happy for you!!!!!  :roll-laugh:  Could there be a better gift right before Christmas?!!!!!

Anna, Katie is right….according to the Road Back site and rheumatic.org site, sometimes improvements in blood markers preceed physical improvements…sometimes it's the opposite we feel better before our bloodwork shows it! Either way can be disconcerting…so hang in there and keep the faith.

There are many things that A Friend and others have posted about that can sometimes keep pain syndromes going….diet and food sensitivities, leaky gut, candida/fungus, body pH, toxic load, etc. When you have time to browse past discussion threads, then it might be worth your while to start looking at supportive measures that have helped others to heal faster.

The main website has been down since last Thursday…it's being worked on to get it back up asap. There is a good article there, though, which provides guidelines on what can be done if progress is not experienced.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ 3 month on AP blood results’ is closed to new replies.