Home Forums General Discussion 2 questions about medication

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jlc6166
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to this website and recently diagnosed with diffuse systemic slerosis sine scleroderma, and MCTD, and Sjorgens I have had Hashimotos Thyroiditis since 1998. 

I have just started antibiotic therapy at 100mg twice a day, I am also on HCTZ, lisinipril (bp), Norvasc (raynauds), nexium, levoxyl (thyroid), and low dose prednisone(very painful swelling and burning in my legs).  I also am planning on getting omega 3 to take. 

My questions are 1.  How strict do you have to be with taking the mino every 12 hours is the more exact the better?  I have meds that need to be taken alone, meds that need to be taken with food and meds not to be taken with other meds.  I am feeling like I spend my whole day taking meds.  Does the mino need to be taken alone or can it be taken with other med?

One last questionis there any other vitamins that I could take that would be beneficial.

Thank you very Jennifer Clifford

Serenity
    Participant

Hi Jennifer –

I'm not terrific about taking mino 12 hours apart.  I usually take it at 10:00pm and 8:00am.  I unfortunately don't know whether this makes a difference or not, but my RA has been relatively stable the whole time.

It is important for you to take mino on an empty stomach if you can tolerate it.  I don't eat 2 hours before taking it and 1 hour after taking it (although a 2 hour block both ways may be better).  I'm not sure about taking other meds with it, and am curious to hear what people have to say. 

Stay well!

John McDonald
    Participant

I take my abx all at once in the morning with my breakfast. It has worked very well for me.

richie
    Participant

Hi

The 12 hours isnt really hard and fast –I take the first about 11 am and the last one about 10 pm

WE take about the same meds –heres my schedule which works very well for me —Morning –lisinpril –and Adalat for Raynuads as well as mild diuretic upon wakening –breakfast —two hours later minocin —lunch about 1–2 pm –then about three pm –nexium and zocor —dineer 6-7-8 pm then last minocin about 10 or so —works for me

Richie

jlc6166
    Participant

Richie,

I am not having good luck taking the hctz (diaretic).  I am having to stop due to kidney complications.  What mild diuretic are you taking?

Thanks for your help,

Jennifer

richie
    Participant

Hi

I take the mildest dose of hydrochlorothiazide

Richie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ 2 questions about medication’ is closed to new replies.