Home Forums General Discussion Post technical issues with New Forum Here

This topic contains 182 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Maz 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #304867
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    Hi everyone. As you may have noticed, there are a few teething issues with the new software that will gradually need to be resolved. However, with re-writing then moving the amount of data we did – 4931 Topics and 47,526 posts 😯 :ugeek: ! there were always going to be some kinks that needed to be ironed out. I thought it might be useful to post any issues in one thread. Some we may be able to resolve internally, others may be problems that will need fixing by the techs. Add any other technical problems you encounter in this thread. We’ll get there! Lynnie.
    So far, we have these noted:

      PM’s sit in Out Box rather than getting sent
      Some posts are locked that shouldnt be
      Search Function only seems to be working for posts made since we moved

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352294
    Kim
    Participant

    I just posted this on another thread before I saw this one, but I’m having trouble deleting old PMs and my box is full.

    #352291
    Valsmum
    Participant

    Some of my logs on the personal history board don’t show up if I used a different font and/or color. FIxed it…..

    I am editing this post because it was any easy fix. I just clicked edit to my personal log and all the jibberish went away and up popped all the text I had written then I clicked submit and everything went back to normal.

    #352292
    Kim
    Participant

    Got another one. Not a biggie and should go at the bottom of the “fix-it” list.

    I use a Mac and, HORRORS, the smilies don’t work. The “quote” function is distorted too.

    #352293
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    @kim wrote:

    I just posted this on another thread before I saw this one, but I’m having trouble deleting old PMs and my box is full.

    Kim – go to the pages you want to delete (probably last ones first). Then scroll down to the bottom select ‘mark all’ then use the ‘delete marked’ from the drop down menu. As far as I know you’ll have to repeat that for each page (which is what I did) until inbox is less than 100% full. I think 500 messages is the 100% mark. Lynnie

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352295
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    @valsmum wrote:

    I wanted to make a note too. Some of my logs on the personal history board don’t show up if I used a different font and/or color. When I typed anything the regular way(like now) it showed up. Thank you!

    Valsmum – I’ve already taken this up with the webmaster/developer. As we moved just under 5000 Topics and nearly 50,000 posts, the advice I have is that there were always going to be a few anomalies that wouldnt be able to be fixed. I have had the same thing happen to a few posts of mine – I think those that I copied over from a Word document – or something where it was copied over into the post. Think we may have to live with these. Lynnie

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352296
    Kim
    Participant

    @lynnie_sydney wrote:

    @kim wrote:

    I just posted this on another thread before I saw this one, but I’m having trouble deleting old PMs and my box is full.

    Kim – go to the pages you want to delete (probably last ones first). Then scroll down to the bottom select ‘mark all’ then use the ‘delete marked’ from the drop down menu. As far as I know you’ll have to repeat that for each page (which is what I did) until inbox is less than 100% full. I think 500 messages is the 100% mark. Lynnie

    Thanks, Lynnie, that worked great. I didn’t see the dropdown menu and was just hitting my delete button which didn’t work. You’re good! 🙂

    #352297
    Valsmum
    Participant

    Thanks Lynnie. I’m not worried about my posts, just wanted to give a heads up:)

    All I had to do was click edit and it erased all the jibberish and then I submited my old posts!

    #352298
    Kats
    Participant

    I can’t figure out how to mark posts as read. I clicked on “mark topics read” but I don’t see any difference between posts I’ve read and those I haven’t.

    Thank you!

    #352299
    mj47
    Participant

    Great idea to conglomerate the tech issues here Lynnie.
    Here’s one that I’m having…wondering if anyone else has noticed this…I’m not getting email notifications of responses to posts that I want to follow. Granted, this is only the 2nd one that I’ve written since the new board got up & running, but the first one I had no idea that Maz had commented on my post until I logged back on.
    No biggie for me…I log on frequently. Just something I noticed. I checked my junk mail too & didn’t see a notification.
    Thanks!
    ~mj

    #352300
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    @kats wrote:

    I can’t figure out how to mark posts as read. I clicked on “mark topics read” but I don’t see any difference between posts I’ve read and those I haven’t.

    Thank you!

    Kats – if you return to Forum after reading a thread, it should be in grey-ish. Threads with unread posts are red. Lynnie

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352301
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    @mj47 wrote:

    Great idea to conglomerate the tech issues here Lynnie.
    Here’s one that I’m having…wondering if anyone else has noticed this…I’m not getting email notifications of responses to posts that I want to follow. Granted, this is only the 2nd one that I’ve written since the new board got up & running, but the first one I had no idea that Maz had commented on my post until I logged back on.
    No biggie for me…I log on frequently. Just something I noticed. I checked my junk mail too & didn’t see a notification.
    Thanks!
    ~mj

    mj – at the bottom of the page you’ll see ‘subscribe’ topic. In this format you have to click on to be notified of new posts to a thread. To be notified of PM’s you need to go to your User Control Panel and check the box that you want to be notified. Lynnie

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352302
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

    Lynnie.
    on my private history everything comes up but my original story, if I go to the edit mode it is in there but is the story too long or what? Could you have it checked? Sorry to ask so many questions for help.
    Eva 😕 😕

    Eva Holloway

    #352303
    lynnie_sydney
    Moderator

    @eva Holloway wrote:

    Lynnie.
    on my private history everything comes up but my original story, if I go to the edit mode it is in there but is the story too long or what? Could you have it checked? Sorry to ask so many questions for help.
    Eva 😕 😕

    Eva – virtually nothing of mine comes up. There do seem to be some issues with the huge amount of data that we moved – 50,000 posts and 5000 topics and I’m afraid I dont think we are going to be able to sort out alot those glitches that are in old posts. Is there any chance that you can copy and re-post Eva, given that you said it was in the edit mode? Lynnie

    Be well! Lynnie

    Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2007 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate mino/doxy
    abx: MWF a.m. Augmentin Duo (1/2 x 875mg) + 250mg Klacid p.m. Cefaclor (1/4 x 375mg) + 250mg Zithromax. Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, CoQ10, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, B3 1000mcg, EPO 1000mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil equiv 400mg
    Topical bio-identical estradiol + DHEA caps + Progesterone caps

    #352304
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

    Let me try that and I will let you know if it works
    Eva

    Eva Holloway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.