Home Forums General Discussion New Discussion Forum Volunteer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Please join the Road Back Foundation (RBF) in welcoming its newest discussion forum volunteer, Maria Schmidt.

Maria found RBF in late 2008 and has become a familiar, friendly face to many here, participating regularly as a valued poster on the discussion forum this past year. During this time, she has not only managed to self-advocate and empower herself to get well on her own road back to recovery from scleroderma by becoming as informed and educated about her disease as possible, but also wishes to generously extend all that she has learned by advocating for others.

RBF is grateful to have Maria join its team of dedicated volunteers on the discussion forum. Thank you, Maria!

RBFV

davew
    Participant

Yay Maria! Great choice and a wonderful person.

Mumof3
    Participant

Hey Maria,

I didn't know you were becoming a volunteer. That's awesome news! You are definitely a wealth of knowledge and will be able to help loads of people.

Kim
    Participant

I was so excited to hear this, Maria.  You will make a great addition to the team. :blush:

Thank you…….kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Way to go Maria.You are one smart cookie and have learned so much in such a short time.I am sure the others are thanking their lucky stars that you have jumped into the boat with them.
        Wish I had time to help also but I only get to the computer for 5 minutes here and there when taking a pee break from the greenhouse.Good thing the computer is next to the loo.  hehehe

Trudi
    Participant

This is wonderful news!  Thank you for volunteering, Maria–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

linda
    Participant

Very cool, Maria, you're a great addition! But I'm a little freaked out that Lynne's computer is next to the loo!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Woo Hoo!  This has made my day!  Congratulations Maria and Road Back!  Excellent choice!

xxoo
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Maz
    Keymaster

Maria, I'm so happy you're here to help out, too! :roll-laugh: Thanks so much for donating your time and energies to Road Back. You are going to be offering so much hope and support to so many!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Welcome Maria,
    I am glad we have another volunteer hopefully this gives the other ones a breather, LOL.

And Lynn what a place to have the computer :roll-laugh::roll-laugh: next to the loo. That reminds me of the TV commercial where the guys asks ” who has a TV in the loo?” oh yeah.

Regards,
    Eva:D

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I join the well wishers Maria – great to have you (and your lovely dimples!) here and thanks for agreeing to donate your time. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Oh Oh,I should have specified that the computer was in the room next to the bathroom.  hehehe.If it was upstairs in an other room I would never get to it.

Maria a.k.a. Fosette,how are you doing these days?

mschmidt
    Participant

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.  I'm so honored to be able to help out.  As many here have said, “paying it forward” feels really good.  Being sick is no fun, and if I can offer an ounce of inspiration to help anyone on their road back to recovery, I am truely humbled by that experience.  All of you are like family to me, and I'll do anything I can to help.  It's an incredible feeling to be able to give back to an organization that saved my life. 

Maria (a.k.a. Fosette)

P.S. Lynne G–I'm doing great:D

mj47
    Participant

Congrats Maria!  I'm proud to have a fellow Chi-towner representing!  😉
    You've offered up inspiration to me for sure & I've no doubt that you'll do a fantastic job continuing to do so for everyone here and those yet to join.

judy cash
    Participant

Maria,

Congrats!!!!!!!:roll-laugh:You are so smart and will make a great asset to the Road Back Org. The best of luck to you.

Judy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ New Discussion Forum Volunteer’ is closed to new replies.