Home Forums General Discussion New Discussion Forum Volunteer

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Great news for everyone! Excellent choice.

This proves it Maria – you aren't a weenie! (that's a private joke). 😛

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

mschmidt
    Participant

Randy, Randy, Randy…no I'm not, and you are hysterical!!:P

Patti D
    Participant

Awesome Maria!!!
    I was just going to reply to your response on coconut oil on another post but here you are a new regular volunteer.LOVE IT! Thank you so much for your time .
    We are grateful! I am headed to Chicago tomorrow for another R&R girlfriend trip to visit my daughter. Whole Foods has coconut oil (looks like crisco right) and I can use this on that very itcy dry patch of skin I have had for 2 years now. I will try anything.
    I had a pedicure this morning and the lady that I had recommended Melauca oil for that dry patch. Have you heard of this? Not sure this spelling is correct.

Patti

mschmidt
    Participant

Patti,

Yes, I've heard of Melaluca Oil, and it's great for dry skin as well.  I also mix pure Glycerin with my lotion–only needs a few drops.  It has done wonders for my skin, especially when I was having the severe itching fits this summer. 

Have a blast in Chicago–I love it here!  (minus the winter weather)

Maria

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Ladies – melaleuca oil – also known Tea Tree Oil – is a very potent natural antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial oil. Personally I would not consider using it for dry skin – way too strong. I have some and love it as a topical antispetic for cuts, pimples etc but I always dilute well. Here's a wikipedia description. Lynnie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mschmidt
    Participant

You are so right Lynnie–I mistakenly was thinking of Melaluca products, which is a natural product company that uses melaluca oil in a lot of their products, lotions included.  Thanks for the correction.

Maria

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.  I'm so honored to be able to help out.  As many here have said, “paying it forward” feels really good.  Being sick is no fun, and if I can offer an ounce of inspiration to help anyone on their road back to recovery, I am truely humbled by that experience.  All of you are like family to me, and I'll do anything I can to help.  It's an incredible feeling to be able to give back to an organization that saved my life. 

Maria (a.k.a. Fosette)

P.S. Lynne G–I'm doing great:D

Fosette,

Thank you for your great spirit of helping people. I know the feeling of “paying it forward” :>)  You are another candle who will light up the dark tunnel.

High Five to you,

JB

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ New Discussion Forum Volunteer’ is closed to new replies.