Home Forums General Discussion Hand Surgery on Friday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

My husband is having hand surgery early Friday morning to see if they can repair what they believe are ruptured tendons in his hand due to extreme swelling in his left wrist and forearm that went on for over nine months and lead to his being unable to extend his fingers.  At the time, he had so many other problems going on that the wrist though very painful was really low on the triage list.  Now he is doing very well and the loss of hand function is no longer “minor.”  Keep us in your thoughts Friday morning!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

Keep us in your thoughts Friday morning!

Sure will Parisa! Nice to know that he has been able to work his way down that list so that the hand is now at the top of it. And, hopefully, after Friday morning, that one will be off the list too. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Parisa, please send best wishes to your DH and will definitely keep him (and you) in my thoughts for Friday. Hope the surgery rectifies things and it's just one of those last vestiges of the journey to wade through.

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Sending positive vibes your way, Parisa.

Coincidentally, I know three people that have had recent hand surgeries and all had excellent outcomes.  My guess is that that the hand is so complicated that hand surgeons have to be really good. 😉

Take care…..kim

nspiker
    Participant

Parisa,
    Sending prayers your way….

Isn't it nice to be on the “other” side of all this, finally! 
    nancy

Roz
    Participant

Hi Parisa,

Their is a test called a Neurography that is much more detailed than a reg MRI. Has he had one?

http://www.neurography.com/about-mr-neurography/why-get-a-scan

Any time your physician suspects you are suffering from a nerve-related ailment, chances are good that an MR neurography scan can help determine if this diagnosis is correct. Moreover, in the event the diagnosis is accurate, an MR neurography scan can help your physician pinpoint the location of the issue and thereby craft a course of action that will have a much greater success rate.

Not every pain is due to a nerve problem. In many cases, the nerves are working perfectly and the pain is your body's way of telling you there is a problem with a tissue inside. Think of a sprained ankle, broken bone or stomach ache ? the pain lets you know something is wrong.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

Keep us in your thoughts Friday morning!

Will do.  Wishing your husband all the best and a speedy recovery–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hope all will go well and he will regain the functionality of his hand and strength. It's stressful to be a care taker. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow.

I also have very severe wrists pain as well as my shoulders. I hope I will not have what he has. :angry:

JB

lindalou
    Participant

Hi Parisa, the best of luck to your husband. I also need hand surgerey. If you are anyone can please recommend one ?       

Thank You.

Linda

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Parisa,

I had a joint replacement in my hand some years back (severe OA) which was done by one of the best plastics surgeons here, at that time it was apparently general knowledge that this particular plastics surgeon was the best in the field for hand surgery (who would have guessed) .. I was home that night & although painful am pleased to report I have full mobility & no problems.

I am sure he will breeze through & be a whole lot better off post op.

Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Roz
    Participant

Dear Parisa,

Wishing your husband the best possiable out come.

Much Love, Roz

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Dear Parisa,

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery. This really hits home as Ryan's hands are so bad.

Sue

PetRescue
    Participant

Parisa, I hope your husband's surgery is going well. You are both in my thoughts!

~jen

Randy
    Participant

My best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Kim
    Participant

Thinking of you, Parisa.  How is the patient?

Take care…..kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ Hand Surgery on Friday’ is closed to new replies.