Home Forums General Discussion Yet another question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Hello all, I have yet another question today. I seem to have really turned a corner physically, I am almost pain free & all my old strength has returned : I can open anything, make a fist, kneel down & get up again, lift heavy objects etc. I haven’t needed any pain killers of any kind since before Christmas, and this morning I noticed two large nodules on the sides of both feet, on close examination I realised they are my long lost ankles !!! haven’t seen them for a while. What I cant figure out though is my toes, two of them have developed a sausage like shape. I have googled this and it doesn’t seem to correspond with rheumatoid arthritis, has anyone got any insight as to what this could be ?

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello Lemons
    I had this on my toes when I had palindromic RA x

lemons
    Participant

Hello Sandra, I know you said yesterday on the phone and why aren’t you busy doing that scary parasite cleanse 😀 !!!!!!!

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, lemons:

Congratulations on Your success with Your protocol.

I am extremely skeptical about “seronegative” RA; it is almost certainly AS instead, and sausage digits are very common in this class of diseases (includes PsA, which is just AS with more intestinal lesions and a different bacterial complement). Another argument for having the HLA B27 test (Fc or ELISA and NOT serological).

HEALTH,
    John

lemons
    Participant

Hello DS, what test should I be requesting then ? Remember I am in the UK and it will cost a fortune to have done, and can you advise me in lay mans terms, I sometimes don’t understand what you are talking about as you are too scientific and I am only human 😉

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, lemons:

HLA B27 is a genetic factor that predisposes a person to AS and not RA: The MHC factors for RA are HLA DR1/DR4 and for SLE (Lupus) HLA DR2/DR3. For Behcet’s it is B51 and there are few others identified, but in UK the test is rather cheap, according to Professor Ebringer, even the dna-level tests I am talking about. If You rang him up and told him You are an RA patient with sausage digits he would recommend the test and be able to tell You where to get it–he is in London and ran the Middlesex AS Clinic for many years. If You wish, I can provide his email and You can contact him directly–but he would be interested in You even if he were (miraculously) convinced You actually had RA.

HEALTH,
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.