Home Forums General Discussion Yeast overgrowth–need advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nonnie
    Participant

HI All,
    I had to temporarily stop my mino due to yeast. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this. My yeast issues started long before taking Antibiotics–I believe I’ve had systemic yeast for about 10 or more years. My symptoms everything, but these stand out: were occasional skin issues, major bladder problems (leaking and overactive bladder) and bizarre sweating in my groin area. It took me a long time to figure out it was yeast, I only discovered by accident after trying a yeast free diet a few months ago that all the bladder and sweating issues got better. I didn’t stick to the yeast free diet completely and over the holidays my problem flared back with a vengeance. I am on 200 mg. of Diflucan daily for 14 days, but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I’ve modified my eating, but this is a huge struggle for me. I am trying to learn the diet again, but it feels very limiting. I’ve cut carbs quite a bit, and cut sugar, though. I’ve been on Diflucan for one week and still having yeast–could it be die off?

Anyway, I got so frustrated with the reappearance of yeast that it set me back mentally. I have been questioning the antibiotics. I am wondering if most of my problems are yeast related. If the yeast was so problematic before antibiotics, is there any hope of controlling it on AP? How long should I stay off my antibiotics?

I am adding coconut oil and olive leaf extract. I do probiotics (but recently learned I was taking them the wrong way by taking them at the same time as other supplements) and an anti-yeast blend. I also treat for parasites.

Does anyone have any advice or encouragement?

Okie Tam
    Participant

Have you tried Nystatin? It has to be prescribed but I’ve been using it for my yeast.

Parisa
    Participant

My husband had systemic yeast. We found about during a bronchoscopy, there was candida throughout his lungs. Prednisone had done its job! My husband eventually went on to do not only oral antibiotics but 20 months of IV antibiotics. He took alot of probiotics and did do some antifungals like diflucan. I was always concerned that the yeast would come out to rear its head but it never has.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.