Home Forums General Discussion Yeast, mold,lymphs and testing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sandy
    Participant

Hi, I had a few good lab tests recently but the CRP is starting to creep back up ( a little discouraging after years of not so good news) and around mid-September I hit a bout of fatigue that was beyond tired. I know tired but this was something new. I noticed the weather changed about then, getting more damp and cool and I have the genetic marker making it harder for me to fight molds. Are there good lab tests to check on mold and/or systemic yeast? (My ND did not know of any).

Also, I;ve had swollen lymph glands for too long now and I guess it’s a by-product of lyme toxins and I may be having difficulty clearing them. Maz indicated I could check other health issues but I can’t seem to find the post, so I thought I’d ask everyone. Still searching since 08.

Lyme and RA
    mino, 150mg MWF
    Plaquenil 100/day
    probiotics and other supplements

Krys
    Participant

I’m sorry I can’t help, but I can relate to your frustration.
    I’m bumping your post up. Maybe somebody will have some words of wisdom to offer.
    Warm wishes, Krys

sandy
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Krys. (I guess no one else knows anything on this either). What is the Gap diet for the gut? Thanks, Sandy

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

sandy – if you type ‘swollen lymph glands’ into the search box at top of General Discussion Front page, alot of past discussion on this will come up. Also would suggest searching ‘mold test’ and candida also.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Krys
    Participant

Hi Sandy,
    GAPS diet is very well explained on http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/gaps-diet/

Almost 2 years ago I incorporated anti-inflammatory diet to speed up the healing of what I thought at the time was RA. I still kept having inflammation issues so I went on IBS diet. Lots of things did not work for me, I was getting inflammatory reactions to sugar, so I went on further on SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet: no starch, no sugar).
    But even “legal” foods like anything made with coconut or almond flour was causing a flare. At that point I discovered GAPS. Focusing on healing the mucus membrane of the gut instead of just eliminating offensive foods, made sense to me.
    Unfortunately, I skipped the very first stage of the introductory part (I thought I did not need that) and I found out after many months of doing so, that I have to start at the very beginning.

What really makes sense to me is described in the GAPS Introduction Diet (opens within the link above):

“People with food allergies and intolerances should go through the Introduction Diet in order to heal and seal their gut lining. The reason for allergies and food intolerances is so-called “leaky gut” when the gut lining is damaged by abnormal micro flora. Foods do not get the chance to be digested properly before they get absorbed through this damaged wall and cause the immune system to react to them. Many people try to identify which foods they react to. However, with damaged gut wall they are likely to absorb most of their foods partially digested, which may cause an immediate reaction or a delayed reaction (a day, a few days or even a couple of weeks later). As these reactions overlap with each other, you can never be sure what exactly you are reacting to on any given day. Testing for food allergies is notoriously unreliable. If one had enough resources to test twice a day for two weeks, they would find that they are “allergic” to everything they eat. As long as the gut wall is damaged and stays damaged, you can be juggling your diet forever removing different foods and never get anywhere. From my clinical experience it is better to concentrate on healing the gut wall with the Introduction Diet. Once the gut wall is healed, the foods will be digested properly before being absorbed, which will remove most food intolerances and allergies.”

I would prefer a magic pill, but I have not found one yet.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.