Home Forums General Discussion Where to stay and eat in Ida Grove.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1956]sjess[/user] wrote:

I would do the IVs right now if I didn't have my husband's feelings to consider. I had an appt. with another doctor today and he said exactly what you said, that the antibiotics can kill off the helpful bacteria and then the unfriendly bacteria can cause problems. I think that is what has my husband so concerned. I told him about taking the probiotics. He just listened and didn't say anything. Hopefully when we see Dr. S he will explain that to my husband.

Hi Sharon,

It is important to have our spouses on board with our treatment choice, as it is difficult enough going against the flow of conventional medicine and we need their love and caring support every day. Your hubby must love you very much to want to be sure that you aren't harmed in any way and you, him, for considering his feelings in your decisions. 🙂 This is a precious thing that should be nurtured and preserved and you're wise to be fully informed before making any choices that could intefere with that gift.

I don't know if this will help to alleviate some of the concerns you both may hold, but in the Fall edition of the RBF newsletter, there were several articles/studies included that may very soon put the problem of antibacterial resistance to bed once and for all :

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_fall09.html

? Scientists Confirm Dr. Brown?s Research – Discover Bacterial Genes Causing  Resistance
     ? Study Sheds Further Light on Bacterial Resistance
     ? Clostridium Difficile Soon to be a Concern of the Past

Peace, Maz

kathygirl
    Participant

Unfortunately I had to cancell my appointment with Dr S in Ida Grove. With the snow storms going on we didnt want to take any chances. Rescheduled for March 22.  Thankyou everyone for the information on where to stay and eat. Will come in handy next month. Kathy

JBJBJB
    Participant

Sharon,

I think education is the key. We have to take control of our own health. If I'd listen to my rhuemy, I would have been put on a lot of toxic medication without even know they would work. When I talked to my university clinical professor (a rheumy), he refused to talk to me. He did not believe it at all. However there are a lot of people actually got better from AP.

My own mother is a MD. She refuses to talk to me about AP. Now we don't talk about my treatment. I cry inside because I have no support of my own mother. She was afraid of me developing antibiotic resistant super bug. As a doctor, it's a nightmare if one day no antibiotics would work because of the abx resistant.

These days, Katie of CBS has been talking about farm animals and abx resistant. I am sure your husband has watched it.

Every medicine we take involves risk. You will have to weigh which one will cure the roots of the disease, which one can make you feel good but cannot cure what you have.

I collected a lot of information and presented to my husband. He was sold the idea when he read all the information. I would encourage you collect more information and talk to your husband.

Clindy IV plus minocycline combined have been showing more effective than minocycline alone. 

I am not a doctor. It's your call to decide what to do for your own health. In the end, your husband cannot suffer your pain in your place. 

Hugs,

JB

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

JB – I couldn't have said it better.  We have control of our own health.. our own bodies.  We have to do what we feel is right for us!!  All this talk about antibiotics on the news and people becoming resistant to them is scary… but I believe it is scary because it is being brought to our attention through the media.  If it were Methotrexate  or Enbrel or any of those other toxic medications being brought to the publics attention through the media then everyone would be worried about those.  Every medication has its downfalls.  We have to decide what is right for us.  Education is the key.

Heres wishing everyone finds what brings them health and happiness!

Lori

Parisa
    Participant

Kathy,

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your appointment but that would have been a really scary trip.  March and spring are coming around the corner!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Where to stay and eat in Ida Grove.’ is closed to new replies.