Home Forums General Discussion Where to get Minocin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DeniseBAH
    Participant

I have had RA for almost 20 years. I was diagnosed in December of 1997 and have been taking Minocin since July 1998. I have been in remission for years. Suddenly, just this year, Minocin seems to be in short supply. Is anyone able to obtain Minocin? And if so, where??

Denise

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Denise;
    Minocin has not been available anywhere for some time and we are all on a generic.I have great success with Teva but I hear there is a shortage in the U.S. Use the “search” function to read posts on this as there have been lots of them.Phil is the one that is usually on top of all of this

DeniseBAH
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

I have been able to get it until just the last month. I will use the search option to check other posts. Thank you!

Cangirl
    Participant

After reading the difficulties getting Teva brand, I went to my pharmacy to renew my prescription! “On back order “! Teva has worked wonders for me the last 4 years! Any members living in Canada have any suggestions of another generic that is comparable? I am going to call around for the Teva but if it is not available, I need the next best generic!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

No Idea kiddo,Right now I am using Doxy for 2 days out of 3 and mino for 1.I only use 100mg a day so I have not had to renew it for a long time.I should be going to my pharmacy this week and will aks for you.Whatever you do,do NOT use APO it is useless

Cangirl
    Participant

Thanks Lynne! Yes, had Apo in the early start of the protocol and switched to Teva as I had read and heard from members of the forum about it not working well due to poor manufacturing!

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I take the Actavis brand (now owned by Teva) Minocycline generic. I used to take the Teva brand that is no longer available. The Ranbaxy did nothing for me.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.