Home Forums General Discussion where do I start?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sophie
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to all of this and looking for recommendations, i’m only 38 and have Rheumatoid Arthritis & Hypothyroidism, which I think was bought on by Methotrexate. Nothing seems to be working and the disease is progressing, its now in my hip which is petrifying!! I I’ve in a small town in Australia, QLD and have little help medically, I am willing to travel to get the right help, but unsure of who to go to, I don’t want to spend a small fortune to go and see a doctor who doesn’t care. Is there anyone in Australia who has a good Doctor they can recommend?

niteowl
    Participant

Hi Sophie!

Sorry to hear your plight. It is not uncommon to have more than one autoimmune disease at a time. While you are waiting for the admin to reply, read the FAQs on this site: https://www.roadback.org/faqs/
    There is also a book by Henry Scammell A New Arthritis Breakthrough and also his book https://www.abebooks.com/Road-Back-Rheumatoid-Arthritis-Cause-Treatment/30137362223/bd?cm_mmc=ggl-_-US_Shopp_Trade-_-used-_-naa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm7zLsPL94gIVhshkCh3p_g4sEAQYAiABEgL7P_D_BwE
    This will give you alot to read until the admin responds. Hang in there.
    -NiteowlMaz

Diagnosed with RA in 2012
    Fifth Disease in '03
    Lyme? in 2000?
    Had radioactive ablation of hyperactive thyroid in 1997
    autoimmune thrombocytopenia resolved
    Anemia resolved with treatment of RA with Minocycline
    Blood type: B neg

Meds:
    Minocycline 50mg once a week
    Levothyroxine .88mg
    Liothyronine 5mg
    Methotrexate 20 mg once a week

Folic acid
    B12
    B6
    Vit D
    Biotin
    Biosil
    Cbd balm
    Flexaril as needed
    Aspirin
    Benedryl
    Ventolin inhaler
    Lactibiane probiotic

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Sophie
    I suggest you look at the Doctor Search section of the site and request a list for Queensland and probably Most Experienced Nationally. https://www.roadback.org/resources/doctor-search/
    Lists were updated in mid 2018, so are pretty current (they don’t tend to change much). It really is then a matter of working your way through the lists and making some calls. If you post again you might put Queensland/QLD Australia in the subject line – it will tend to attract the attention of people from there. Best of luck!

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Linda L
    Participant

Sophie,
    How long have you had arthritis? Are you on Methotrexate?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.