Home Forums General Discussion Where did Dr. Trentham’s patients go?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Now that Dr. Trentham has been retired. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good replacement? I have system scleroderma. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous
    Participant

I just spoke with the rheumatology dept at BIDMC. Has anyone had Dr. Nashel as a physician? Does she allow the AP treatment?

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

@jsinclair5 wrote:

I just spoke with the rheumatology dept at BIDMC. Has anyone had Dr. Nashel as a physician? Does she allow the AP treatment?

Thanks!

Hi JSinclair5,

Did you ever get a response to your post in Feb re: a replacement for Dr. T (now retired)? If not, please feel welcome to write to the following for a list of AP Physicians – there are a few in MA if that are in your state:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54

The doctor you mentioned above at Beth Israel isn’t on our list. In fact, none of Dr. T’s colleagues have been amenable to supplying AP to other rheumatic patients according to feedback we’ve received, so his patients have had to seek out other AP Physicians in other locations.

richie
    Participant

Hi To further support Maz’s info –all the other doctors at Beth Israel were very much against an antibiotic approach to treating scleroderma —fortunately my local internist was very impressed with my progress and continues to this day to write the prescriptions for minocin –once a year I get my liver and kidney numbers checked –believe it or not this was Dr Trenthams approach for scleroderma as he was convinced minocin was the answer –and for the vast majority of people he was right —
    richie

SS
    Participant

Hi:
    I am also Dr. T ‘s patient after his retirement I am going to my primary where I get my blood work done
    and monitor the labs. He writes me prescription as well. First my primary was skeptical about antibiotic
    protocol later after my remission he could not say anything.
    Thanks
    SS

JeffN
    Participant

I too am a former Dr. T patient. A few of us on another board were Dr. T patients and although I never did go back to BI after he left others did. Their experience was not all that good with the new docs. I think some were able to get mino from their new docs but not much in the way of support. Mostly they were urged to move to more “traditional treatments”. I have seen a visiting rheumy locally and he was OK with my condition and the mino. My PC doc also left recently and I have found a new one with a backround in cardio vascular and he has treated SD patients before he came to our area. He too is OK with mino, and when I spoke with him about dosage he said that I would be the best judge of that as I had a better handle on my pattern than he did. I found that refreshing! He said he would had no issue with my continued use of mino. Interestingly both new docs told me that I had a mild case of SD. I responded that the present me is a far cry from where I was seven years ago. My new rheumy did not have my records when I saw him and when I described my condition when I went on the mino I really got his attention. So far the doc situation has worked out for me, unfortunately I’m not sure it has for others.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.