Home Forums General Discussion Where can one get name brand Minocin?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hwwolcott
    Participant

Generic minocycline is not working for me. Is there a source for name brand Minocin?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

There is more than one generic. Which one have you been taking, and how long have you been taking it? And were you taking Minocin before that?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Hwwolcott
    Participant

I took name brand for 9+ years and it worked perfectly. Then it changed hands again and was out of production, so I srarted the generic. I have been taking it for 3+ years and it is not working well for me.
    I just take whatever brand the pharmacy gives me. Right now the minocycline I have is by Wats

cosmo
    Participant

You can buy name brand pelletized minocin from buylowdrugs.com.

PhilC
    Participant

You can buy name brand pelletized minocin from buylowdrugs.com.

They may call it it “Minocin” on their site, but it’s not the same thing as the pelleted Minocin that some forum members were taking in the past (unless something has changed recently). Usually, what’s being sold as “Minocin” is actually Aknemin, Minocin MR, or Minomycin, depending on which online pharmacy one orders from.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I just take whatever brand the pharmacy gives me.

That was a mistake. Try to get generic minocycline sold by Torrent or Zydus. If you ask, your current pharmacy may be able to fill your prescription with one of those generics. However, I recommend trying to find a pharmacy that normally stocks one of those two generics.

The dose you’re taking can also have a big effect on how well minocycline works for you. How much are you taking?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

hi hwwol,
    what are you treating for, out of curiosity, and what changes did you notice when you switched brands?

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Hwwolcott
    Participant

I have RA
    I have been taking 200 mg minocycline daily

redrock
    Participant

I had problems on generic too and tried everything, including importing from around the world. Eventually I tried Zydus minocycline from CVS and it worked. Keep experimenting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.