Home Forums General Discussion What you eat matters!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

My experience is like Lynne G's, so that when you have a delayed reaction it's hard to know which food is the culprit.

kim

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Hi T Bird;
         I had the test done by U.S Biotek a few years ago.It cost me 62.00$ I will send you their address tomorrow.   Lynne

You had the ALCAT test done and it was only $62? Did your insurance cover most of the cost or something? On their site it shows being at least $500..

Did the results help you at all?

Thanks!!

Tom

Kim
    Participant

Tom,

I think they are two different tests.

kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi TBirt;
       I posted the info on the other gluten thread but here it is again in case you did not see it.The cost was 62$… but today it is likely92 as the Canadian dollar was a lot higher than the U.S at the time
    U.S Biotek
    13500Linden Ave North
    Seatlle Washington 98133

The test is for 96 foods and anything higher that “no reaction” is to be avoided for at least 6 months and then you can start eating the foods that register “low” in a couple of months but only in small doses.You doc does a blood draw and sends it to them.They send the results to him but make sure to get a copy

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Hi TBirt;

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

It must be fairly accurate as my awsome doctor uses it.   Lynne

Marie
    Participant

I went gluten free in August of 08.  From mid-May – mid-June 2009, I allowed myself gluten once a week.  It was a big mistake for me, and I'm only just starting to feel it leave me now!! 

I also learned that gluten abuse triggers my inflammation, then, when the inflammatory goo subsides, it triggers fibromyalgia pains.  I think it's a detox reaction. 

I don't think my gluten holiday was related to my recent gi issues, though. 

The first time I went off gluten it took 3-6 months for me to recover.  It's hard to tell, though, what symptoms are gluten triggered.  Joint pain went away @ 3 months, nausea @ 6. 

Hormonal upheavals also affect the intensity of what gluten does to me. 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Most holistic docs or those who work in the allergy/sensitivity area say it's important to remove the possible culprit for 3 months before re-challenging because of the long half life of IgG antibodies, around 21 days, making it around 3 months for all those antibodies to be completely gone from the body. And it's important to ensure you're not still getting “hidden” amounts of whatever it is. For instance, almost all instant coffee manufacturers use wheat in the processing, which they dont have to declare on the label. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ What you eat matters!’ is closed to new replies.