Home Forums General Discussion What are the Benefits of Using ImmunoPro?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyMax
    Participant

Hi,

I see this in many people signature as one of the supplements they use. I know about using Whey proteins as far as bodybuilding and athletics, but what benefits will I see in my condition by using this product? From the ingredients and substrates it appears to have immunological properties, similar to colostrum. But from what I understand there is no chance of benefiting from them since the are destroyed in the gut and also molecules are too large to be absorbed (that is what the story on colostrum is). Has this been proven is actual clinical trials? Would like to hear your experiences if you would care to share. Thanks.

John

A Friend
    Participant

@JohnnyMax wrote:

Hi,

I see this in many people signature as one of the supplements they use. I know about using Whey proteins as far as bodybuilding and athletics, but what benefits will I see in my condition by using this product? From the ingredients and substrates it appears to have immunological properties, similar to colostrum. But from what I understand there is no chance of benefiting from them since the are destroyed in the gut and also molecules are too large to be absorbed (that is what the story on colostrum is). Has this been proven is actual clinical trials? Would like to hear your experiences if you would care to share. Thanks.

John

John,
    Just came to the Board and saw your recent post. Glad you are here. A suggestion which will probably give you more information than you want would be to go to General Discussion at the top of the Bulletin Board; and, in the little search window, type in ImmunoPro — and you can do a search that will give you past posts discussing it.

I first used ImmunoPro when I had to stop using a combination of Zithromax (pulsed) and Minocin (pulsed) quite a few years ago. My liver was probably on overload before the Zithromax was added for an abnormal lab that showed up on Lab Results. The result of taking the two led one morning to feeling like I was in a continual state of being tazered. Was prescribed a potent pain med, so potent that it has been taken off the market. After this settled down, I knew I needed to be on something to address/replace the Minocin and the med prescribed for the abnormal lab.

Luckily, I had just read research about Dr. Paul Cheney’s work with chronic fatigue, etc. and his findings of using nondenatured whey protein for the patients. Bottom line to me: it said controlled studies showed after six months’ use, abnormal labs such as mine were “normal” after six months. I mentioned this and showed it to my AP physician — who “just happened” to have known Dr. Cheney and sold him his practice in Lake Tahoe back about 2000 or so. My AP phys told me that was exactly what I should do. And since we had just done the lab, I could begin using nondenatured whey protein, and after six months we would repeat the lab test. After that time, it was normal.

John, if you type ImmunoPro into the search window mentioned above, more than you probably want to know should show up. The more current reason I came to the conclusion I needed to return to the use of ImmunoPro was that I found several years ago that though I was addressing about everything I knew to address, I had developed fascia and bone pain, and neither the same AP nor I could figure it out this time. What it was, I would learn, is that my body had begun storing acidic wastes, because it did not have enough “spare” minerals to neutralize these acidic wastes so they could safely be excreted through the kidneys — if this is not done, damage can be done to the kidneys which cannot repair themselves.

Though my diet has been excellent, apparently my digestive capabilities lack sufficient Hcl to break down meats and other protein in order to digest/absorb absolutely necessary amino acids. Lucky for me… ImmunoPro has those amino acids and is easily converted to Glutathione (the body’s master detoxifier) and helps with metabolic detoxification.

Let me know if you have any specifics for me that are not covered in the posts, etc.

Hope soon you will be feeling better and better,
    AF

PhilC
    Participant

Hi John,

Personally, I don’t take it or recommend it. Why? Because it is a dairy product, and I always tell people here to avoid all dairy products. Until or unless you are absolutely, 100% certain beyond all doubt that you are not sensitive to milk and other dairy products, I would avoid them (all of them).

I am not sure whether I have mentioned anything about diet to you (don’t recall doing so), so I will point you to a previous message of mine to another member:
    https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68306#p68306

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@A Friend wrote:

@JohnnyMax wrote:

Hi,

John

John,
    Just came to the Board and saw your recent post. Glad you are here. A suggestion which will probably give you more information than you want would be to go to General Discussion at the top of the Bulletin Board; and, in the little search window, type in ImmunoPro — and you can do a search that will give you past posts discussing it.

I first used ImmunoPro when I had to stop using a combination of Zithromax (pulsed) and Minocin (pulsed) quite a few years ago. My liver was probably on overload before the Zithromax was added for an abnormal lab that showed up on Lab Results. The result of taking the two led one morning to feeling like I was in a continual state of being tazered. Was prescribed a potent pain med, so potent that it has been taken off the market. After this settled down, I knew I needed to be on something to address/replace the Minocin and the med prescribed for the abnormal lab.

Luckily, I had just read research about Dr. Paul Cheney’s work with chronic fatigue, etc. and his findings of using nondenatured whey protein for the patients. Bottom line to me: it said controlled studies showed after six months’ use, abnormal labs such as mine were “normal” after six months. I mentioned this and showed it to my AP physician — who “just happened” to have known Dr. Cheney and sold him his practice in Lake Tahoe back about 2000 or so. My AP phys told me that was exactly what I should do. And since we had just done the lab, I could begin using nondenatured whey protein, and after six months we would repeat the lab test. After that time, it was normal.

John, if you type ImmunoPro into the search window mentioned above, more than you probably want to know should show up. The more current reason I came to the conclusion I needed to return to the use of ImmunoPro was that I found several years ago that though I was addressing about everything I knew to address, I had developed fascia and bone pain, and neither the same AP nor I could figure it out this time. What it was, I would learn, is that my body had begun storing acidic wastes, because it did not have enough “spare” minerals to neutralize these acidic wastes so they could safely be excreted through the kidneys — if this is not done, damage can be done to the kidneys which cannot repair themselves.

Though my diet has been excellent, apparently my digestive capabilities lack sufficient Hcl to break down meats and other protein in order to digest/absorb absolutely necessary amino acids. Lucky for me… ImmunoPro has those amino acids and is easily converted to Glutathione (the body’s master detoxifier) and helps with metabolic detoxification.

Let me know if you have any specifics for me that are not covered in the posts, etc.

Hope soon you will be feeling better and better,
    AF

A Friend,

Thank you very much for the in depth explanation of the potential benefit of using this product. I can see it being a valuable tool in the detox process and allowing one to continue with ABX while minimizing the dreaded Herx. I have always found the Whey proteins in the past assisted me in recuperation between workouts. The name ImmunoPro tends to make you think it is some type of immune system stimulant, something I do not think anyone on this board would want with these issues. I was checking to see if it contained Proline Rich Peptides, but could not find any of that info on their site, that is something I think could be of value to a person with a immune mediated issue. Right now I have eliminated any possible trigger food, including dairy, but when I come to the point of testing them one by one and dairy is OK, will certainly try this stuff out. Thanks again.

John

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi John,

Personally, I don’t take it or recommend it. Why? Because it is a dairy product, and I always tell people here to avoid all dairy products. Until or unless you are absolutely, 100% certain beyond all doubt that you are not sensitive to milk and other dairy products, I would avoid them (all of them).

I am not sure whether I have mentioned anything about diet to you (don’t recall doing so), so I will point you to a previous message of mine to another member:
    https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68306#p68306

Phil

Phil,

I pretty much agree with you at this point. I have eliminated all trigger foods at this point and dairy is a no-no. I never really had an issues with it, but maybe things have changed so best to be cautious. I am trying to learn as much as possible about nutrition so thank you for the link, it is very helpful.

John

Maz
    Keymaster

Phil and John, I also wondered about this for folks with an intolerance to dairy. In these cases, certain non-denatured whey products would not be advisable. However, there is a product (expensive!), called Immunocal, that is excellent and contains no dairy/lactose:

http://m.ibosocial.com/tkw/pressrelease.aspx?prid=72782

http://www.immunocal.com/

I used this product initially and loved it, but later switched to ImmunoPro, as it was cheaper and dairy has never been an issue for me. I have no connection to either product. I just use non-denatured whey protein as I find it wonderful for detoxification and promoting glutathione. Incidentally, for any males with prostate issues (elevated PSA), there is an AP doc in NYC who talks about its benefits for prostate (he may have financial ties to the product, however!). A dear friend of mine is currently trying ImmunoPro for elevated PSA…am hoping it helps him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-Aupbq6Kw

Btw, it’s worth being aware that non-denatured whey protein may cause herxing (from improved immune function) and detox symptoms, which is why it’s always worth going low and slow with anything like this.

A Friend
    Participant

@JohnnyMax wrote:

@A Friend wrote:

@JohnnyMax wrote:

Hi,

A Friend,

Thank you very much for the in depth explanation of the potential benefit of using this product. I can see it being a valuable tool in the detox process and allowing one to continue with ABX while minimizing the dreaded Herx. I have always found the Whey proteins in the past assisted me in recuperation between workouts. The name ImmunoPro tends to make you think it is some type of immune system stimulant, something I do not think anyone on this board would want with these issues. I was checking to see if it contained Proline Rich Peptides, but could not find any of that info on their site, that is something I think could be of value to a person with a immune mediated issue. Right now I have eliminated any possible trigger food, including dairy, but when I come to the point of testing them one by one and dairy is OK, will certainly try this stuff out. Thanks again.

John

John,

The way I take the ImmunoPro is: I put about 4 or 5 ounces of cold Unsweetened Almond Milk in a pint jar, with 1 scoop of ImmunoPro, and a tiny scoop of KAL brand stevia. Shake about 20 seconds, and sip slowly. Information said the greatest absorption is through the buccal tissue of the mouth. I try to keep several cartons of the Almond Milk onhand in the pantry. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated until the carton is opened.

John, I did a search and found a canister of ImmunoPro, clicked a link to see the label, and this is what it says:

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5 grams)
    Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving %DV*

Calories 20

Total Fat 0.3g <1%

Cholesterol 5mg 2%

Sodium 10mg <1%

Potassium 30mg 1%

Total Carbohydrate 0.3g 0%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Sugars 0g

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.