Home Forums General Discussion western australia members and doctors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi to WA members wondered if anyone could share their experiences with AP doctors and treatments for RA, such as IV use etc. Have been staring at the list of doctors Lynnie sent me and would like to know more in case I have to consider travelling to Perth for more treatment. Thanks chrysalis

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Chysalis,

Lynnie is away at the moment, but just thought to mention that Wayne (Perth) may be a good person to PM to get some help with the docs he is seeing. I believe he is seeing both Lynnie’s doc, but also another doc nearer to him for IVs. Here is a link to his most recent thread, if this helps:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5424&p=50274&hilit=wayne#p50274

All the best to you in your searches and hope other Aussies will chime in to help you out! 🙂

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@chrysalis wrote:

Hi to WA members wondered if anyone could share their experiences with AP doctors and treatments for RA, such as IV use etc. Have been staring at the list of doctors Lynnie sent me and would like to know more in case I have to consider travelling to Perth for more treatment. Thanks chrysalis

Hi Chrysalis – hopefully you have made contact with Wayne. There seems to be a dearth of AP docs in Western Australia, which is why Wayne travels to see the same AP doc as I do. He also sees a rheumie who administers the IV’s. However, I believe that is because he has SD for which rheumies do understand that there is no conventional treatment that will work to promote remission, so is happy to try something ‘out of the box’. It is likely to be a different story with RA. I have not heard from anyone in W.A. about AP docs they have seen. It can take work finding one and, often, travelling bcomes necessary. More holistic GP’s are another potential way to go. If you do find someone on that side of the continent who is willing and able to administer AP, please do let me know. Feedback from patients is the only way we both compile our docs’ lists and keep the info current. Happy New Year and good luck in your searches. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

yeato
    Participant

Hi

Just wondering if any good doctors were located in Perth (or in the SW of WA)? Im trying to find one now.
    Thanks

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

yeato – welcome to the Road Back Forum. I have responded to your email request to apdoctors@roadback.org. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.