Home Forums General Discussion Weird Symptoms After Starting AP

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi Guys. I started AP two weeks ago. I had my SCL 70 drawn 3 weeks ago and it was 2.7 and my ANA was 1:320. I had been on AP for a week and went for my initial appt at Northwestern and my ANA was 1:160 and SCL was 20. Anything below 19 was normal. I was considered low positive. Now the kicker of the story is my Histone AB marker is elevated. This is a Lupas marker but mostly used for drug induced Lupas tracking. I know Mino can cause lupas but in a week? Also, what’s up with my lowered ANA and SCL 70? I lowered my dose of Mino a bit cause I was getting vision issues and feeling almost high. I had been feeling pretty good but now that awful reflux is back and joint pain. I am not sure what to think about my decreased ANA, SCL 70 and the increase in my Histone AB. I have had slightly elevated DSDNA in the past so maybe I have mixed scleroderma and Lupas. I just know i haven’t felt like this for sometime. Any thoughts?

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

From a message posted by Maz back in 2010:

“The single-stranded anti-DNA test is the one for fake/DILE in combination with anti-histone AB and a negative double-stranded anti-DNA (real lupus marker). If the double-stranded anti-DNA test is positive, it’s real lupus and not the drug-induced variety.”

See:
    https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/dile/#post-352971

Was your CRP tested?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

snglbear24
    Participant

Hi. My CRP is normal. My DS DNA is negative. So if my AB Histone is positive by itself it’s the real Lupas? Thank you.

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

If your CRP is normal, then you probably do not have DILE.

See: Minocycline‐induced lupus: clinical features and response to rechallenge

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Did the doc test for SS anti-DNA and ANA with pattern?

snglbear24
    Participant

The DS DNA was normal. My pattern was 1:160 speckled.

Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

Maz
    Keymaster

I have had slightly elevated DSDNA in the past…

The DS DNA was normal. My pattern was 1:160 speckled.

Yes, speckled is associated with a MCTD presentation:

https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ana/tab/test

•Speckled—associated with SLE, Sjögren syndrome, scleroderma, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis, and mixed connective tissue disease

As you have had a slightly elevated DS anti-DNA in the past, which is the marker for “real” lupus (not DILE), then it’s possible there is a latent form of lupus lurking under the surface and that when starting AP, it has brought some lupus symptoms to the surface with herxing. Lupies tend to be pretty hypersensitive, so the initial daily dosing may have provoked things a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.