Home Forums General Discussion Wash Out Already?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    emmaline
    Participant

Hello Road Backers,
    I am on day one of week 4 taking Mino MWF at 100mg. I am really suffering with a lot of pain and swelling. I feel like I may need to do a wash out and start again at 50mg next Monday, but I’m afraid, what if it isn’t herxing and I don’t feel better after a wash out? I’m already steadily taking 10mg prednisone daily. My mom told me today I really should get a wheelchair. The pain and swelling have definitely gotten much worse in the past week, but I don’t know if it could just be a flare up because it is spring or because I missed my dose of Prednisone one day a week and a half ago. How do I get my pain back under control? I’ve never been this bad before and I’m really scared. Thank you.

Spiffy

Emmaline, I have been missing hearing from you. I am so sorry for your pain and swelling! Aaaaaargh! I hope your mom lives close to you! I wished I could give you direction. They say that herxing is a definite sign that your treatment is working and that 80% of people do experience it. They say that when you restart after a washout, it gets a little better each time. These are your early days you will look back on to be able to help others one day. I will be remembering you in my prayers.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Are you sure you do not have Lyme? Have you been tested through Igenex?

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

I was tested but I was already on prednisone which affects the results. It’s possible, but the tests were negative. Thank you for the prayers.

richie
    Participant

Hi You are taking a total of 300 mg weekly of minocycline –you are also taking the minerals –zinc magnesium and selenium –if you are taking fairly large doses of these and taking them too close to the minocycline you have rendered the minocycline ineffective because minerals bind to minocycline and also to most antibiotics as a matter of fact–That wouldnt leave you with very much minocycline to fight the disease !!!
    richie

emmaline
    Participant

Hi Richie,
    I don’t take the mineral supplements on MWF. I remember reading that they interfere. As long as I take them at least 12 hours apart do you think it’s affecting the AP?
    Thank you.

Spiffy

Would 4 hours be long enough?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

@Spiffy wrote:

Would 4 hours be long enough?

Plenty. Two hours is enough time.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

emmaline
    Participant

Should I try to decrease the swelling locally with ice so the mino can work without inflammation? Or does that not work because it also slows circulation? I’m going to try some meloxicam tomorrow… Can’t take it on an empty stomach and it is too late to eat. Anybody think I should hold off on doing the wash out? It’s been really rainy and damp the past few days, too, so maybe it’s just that.

emmaline
    Participant

It may have just been the weather. That was a desperate few days, but the sun came out yesterday and I can move again! I’m not doing a wash out.
    Do you ever feel like Cinderella sometimes? Like when you feel good but you are afraid the clock is going to strike midnight and take it all away? I am putting my faith in Mino as the golden slipper that brings it all back!
    Blessings all.

Spiffy

Yes, Emmaline, I think all of us here feel the same way. Maybe one day we can throw an AP party and dance PAST midnight.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

In our cute shoes, please. With our rings on. My goals, besides being pain free….cute shoes and rings.

Spiffy

Without limping!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Gorgeous rings and shoes, oh bless you both! I was looking at some rings at a jeweler’s today imagining, and in good spirits.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.