Home Forums General Discussion Vivid dreams

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    Participant

Hi all. My daughter was just diagnosed with ra in October. She started prednisone in November, and then minocycling mfgd by ranbaxy almost one month ago, 50 mg every day. She is having intense, vivid and colorful dreams. Is this a common side effect of minocin? Could it be the brand. It’s only been since she started this med that it happened. Her ra seems to be getting worse as well. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

jims
    Participant

Hi Grace, I was curious, a google search showed tons of folks having vivid dreams due to prednisone. Not very many/unclear- due to minocycline. If I were betting I would go for prednisone, being that she has been on it awhile may contribute. Dreams are a sign she is in stage 4 REM which is good. Unless they are frightening or otherwise troublesome then please consult her doctor. You definitely shouldn’t go off prednisone without her doctors guidance due to adrenal shock and other factors. jims

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Her ra seems to be getting worse as well.

After a month, your daughter is in the classic timeframe for a herxheimer (“herx”) response to the antibiotic – which is a good thing. The apparent worsening of symptoms caused by cell die-off. Plenty of information about this response on our main site, in The New Arthritis Breakthrough and at http://www.rheumatic.org FAQ’s.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Grace
    Participant

Thanks Jims and lynnie. Nice to know there are good explanations. We were afraid the mino made by ranbaxy might be to blame after seeing that it is being banned from import to the us. Dr is writing new script for brand name to see if ins will cover it but we won’t hold our breath 🙂 funny that they’ll cover all the expensive new drugs out there and not this. Sigh
    Thanks and be well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.