Home Forums General Discussion Vitamin D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

MARCH 17, 2015, 8:11 AM|Vitamin D is getting an F for battling hypertension. Dr. David Agus joins “CBS This Morning” from Los Angeles to discuss how too much vitamin D could also open the door to other serious health problems.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/vitamin-d-useless-for-lowering-blood-pressure-study-finds/

Another caution for taking Vitamin D.

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jasregadoo

I don’t know for a fact that Vit D contributed to my issue. I had pain in my toe, thought maybe it was gout. My chiropractor said that I should take 5,000mg D3 and some Omega 3. I had my vit D tested a few years ago, and it was within a normal range, but my dr also suggested that I take some D to get it higher. So I started taking 5000 D3, and my pain and swelling went from just my feet into my hands, elbows, wrists, ankles, etc. Perhaps the D didn’t contribute, but I’ve stopped taking such a large dose. There is some D in my CALM magnesium supplement, and in my calcium supp. Just not so darned much.

flower
    Participant

HI Trudi and jasregadoo

I have sieronegative Seronegative Arthritis (psoriatic)
    Vitamin D is very important to adjust the immune system

@Trudi
    :

are you taking vitamin D?

@ jasregadoo <: sorry but Vitamin D may not have exacerbated inflammation and … I think it is a case 😉

Trudi
    Participant

@flower wrote:

@Trudi: are you taking vitamin D?

Hi Flower–
    No, I am not. Vitamin D increases my pain level substantially.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Trudi;
    Vit D is my enemy also.Mine converts way too fast to D1,25 and that causes inflamation.Here is something interesting
    http://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/medical-news-article/2015/03/17/systemic-lupus-erythematosus/6015645/?news_id=397&newsdt=032515&subspec_id=14&utm_source=WeeklyNL&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=Weeks-Best-Article&utm_campaign=article-section&category=latest-weekly.

You may want to read the info on http://www.chronicillnessrecovery.org,they explain it quite well and my kid sister who had Lupus/MCTD and Lyme actually looks cured within 3.5 years with no meds and no problems for the last 4 years.Her doctor used this protocol

flower
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Trudi;
    Vit D is my enemy also.Mine converts way too fast to D1,25 and that causes inflamation.

Hi lynne 🙂

why Vit. D is your enemy?

:geek:

Trudi
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Vit D is my enemy also.Mine converts way too fast to D1,25 and that causes inflamation.

You may want to read the info on http://www.chronicillnessrecovery.org,they explain it quite well and my kid sister who had Lupus/MCTD and Lyme actually looks cured within 3.5 years with no meds and no problems for the last 4 years.Her doctor used this protocol

Thanks, Lynne–

As long as I can remember, I would avoid sitting in the sun. Swimming, yard work, etc. was OK. Now, if I go in the sun, I experience much pain. I will carefully go over this website.

Take care,
    Trudi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.