Home Forums General Discussion vit.d 3

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Krys
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Most of us with chronic illness have some degree of impaired function to detox already (some definitely worse off than others) as there are usually some gut issues (imbalances in gut microbiota, food intolerances, leaky gut, candida overgrowth, etc), with the addition of medications keeping the liver and kidneys busy. So, adding an extra burden by using GSE with any med that has some blocking effect on the 450 cytochrome can only increase the body’s toxicity and could make one feel really rough and possibly cause harm to the liver. Diflucan is already pretty hard on the liver, which is why regular blood monitoring of LFTs is required in the doses mentioned in the Shardt Lyme protocol above. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wish I had a science degree…..
    it’s best……. to protect the liver and kidneys …………

Maz, THANK you.
    I needed all the elaboration, down to the sentence how you did it yourself, to finally calm down my inner resistance.
    Multiple science degrees would not be enough to accomplish what you are doing.
    It takes knowledge, understanding, dedication, talent and a very precious heart. THANK YOU. Krys

Maz
    Keymaster

@Krys wrote:

I needed all the elaboration, down to the sentence how you did it yourself, to finally calm down my inner resistance.

Krys, so glad something might have helped in your own researches. I know you’re such a pro-active person and so smart in figuring all this out. I often read your posts and am utterly amazed at all your knowledge of natural supps – knowledge which far exceeds my own. Thanks for being here and for kindly sharing your wisdom. ๐Ÿ˜€ Both you and Trudi are real treasures in this regard.

Maz

Not concerned about being on Diflucan and Zithromax as well as GSE because without the Diflucan and the GSE I could not survive with the number of antibiotics I seem to need to stay alive. Will not change my Doxy which would have liked to have done, with the Arithromycin if that is the case however i cannot take the doxy without milk. There is no tetracycline here unfortunately. I know milk lowers its potency but the GSE is picking up on the loss, and the fact that I am only on 300mg. instead of 400 mg Doxy, as was suggested. A real problem with no LLD here, most are using trial and error. Am extremely happy with the results getting, only problem is i’m always watching the clock for what to do next. gets a bit tiring. I did organize for DR. D to come over here and see a few patients 27 of them to be exact, however it is doubtful she would have prescribed what I was in the States. It is far more aggressive a treatment than she uses even though it was a holistic Dr. I saw over there. I was so grateful, -every day i consider myself so very fortunate to be alive, and thankful for the help available with a computer.

@dianne-sunshinecoast wrote:

hi everyone, my new doc had me have a blood test for vit d3 levels, and i am at the very low end of the scale and she said my pulse is too low, so has prescribed 50,000 i.u. of d3 once a week from a compounding chemist. i have never had d3 before , do you take it with meals? and also do you take it away from the minomycin and other medication? would apreciate any input if anyone has taken it …kind regards ..di. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dianne – Is there an advantage to using a compounding pharmacist for your D 3 Is it a specially made up D3 or can you just get the D3 in tab or capsule form?

Krys
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Krys, so glad something might have helped in your own researches. I know you’re such a pro-active person and so smart in figuring all this out. I often read your posts and am utterly amazed at all your knowledge of natural supps – knowledge which far exceeds my own. Thanks for being here and for kindly sharing your wisdom. ๐Ÿ˜€ Both you and Trudi are real treasures in this regard.

Maz, you are so very sweet! The truth is I must have been a cow, a goat, a sheep lots of times in my past lifetimes and I just love grasses, leaves, flowers and such like!!!! I nibbled on them as a child, too. Ha, ha, ha!https://www.roadback.org/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=54596# I’ll miss GSE. I really enjoyed making lots of faces while drinking it in water and missed the chance to do so when I started adding it to tea! As there’s no mention of lemon in this respect, I guess lemon olive oil and just lemon / lime may still give me a chance to exercise my facial muscles! I find it kind of freeing.

@Rosemary Perth Aust. wrote:

Dianne – Is there an advantage to using a compounding pharmacist for your D 3

Good question! I wondered about it, too.
    Warm wishes to all, Krys

hi girls, (hope you dont mind me including you all at once), its just easier as still very tired, appreciate all you replys and info. all i know about the d3 being from a compounding chemist is i mentioned to the doc. that the vit. supp. i was taking had some in it , but she said it wasnt enough and that she always used a compounding chemist , and wrote a script and faxed it to them and they delivered it, and i have to keep it in the fridge? its in clear caps. and a white powder? i am not too up on these things , maybe it makes sense to you all? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ..kind regards ..di ๐Ÿ™‚

It is alway best to consult your Dr. about anything you take other than what he prescribes . it is difficult however when traditional medicine knows little about alternative treatment and alternative medicos prefer you to not use antibiotics.
    many times have had to seek info from naturopaths and live blood analysts and the board here to get answers, then just do my best. so far its been o.k. so I hope you all get the help Ive had. most help has been on the board with things cropping up all the time have never heard of. However was prescribed my GSE by one of the best Dr’s in Sydney Dr. V . and he was right it is wonderful. really stunned at what such a simple food can do, Have seen the results on others as well. Had more problems with chinese herbs than anything. Not all of them

hi rosemary, thanks for your reply,really thats all you can do isnt it ? i also know i (NEED) THAT TIME OUT, the quiet time and my relaxation tapes too, its a complete package for me along with thea.p., also finding the site and like minded people is also much needed, have gone yrs solo , still it teaches you much as well. what do they say(ITS ALL GOOD) ๐Ÿ™‚ i just feei i would like to wait a bit longer to try the GSE as the mtx takes awhile to leave your system im told and havent been off arava a year yet. i always felt quite sick on DMARDS, yet i know people on stronger meds than i was for r.a., and they work 12hrs a day, riding across to w.a.soon on the back of a harley, and ther in there late 50s? beats me how they do it? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ all the best to you rosemary..kind regards ..di.

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Dianne
    The white powder vitamin D will not be near as effective as the vitamin D3 you can get over the counter. When you started this topic, I replied
    to you with a site http://www.vitamindcouncil.org
    so you can make a your informed choice and tell your doctor, you don’t want a prescription for
    kosher all veggie, synthetic vitamin D2 tablets.
    The Best to you, ….Joe RA….

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Dianne –
    The naturopath who works in tandem with my AP/Lyme doc gave me a calcium supp that also contains boron and Vit D3. My 25-OH D level rose from just in normal range at 54 to mid normal range at 79 in just 9 months – anfd that was on just a 1/4 tablet daily! Incidentally, this was taken with 1/2 magnesium tab – we need mag/cal at 2:1 or poss 3:1 ratio. The brand is Osteopatite by Nutrition Care, you can get from a good alternative practitioner (see link below). Lynnie http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/436

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

hi joe and lynnie, thank you both very much for your informative posts, i will have to invest in a printer , so i can take all this to my doctor, i am still learning the computer, though they say its good for the brain to learn something new! ๐Ÿ™‚ lynnie are you saying that item on the post has everything in it? sorry to be so vague. and joe not sure what kosher is? appreciate your help…kind regards ..di.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

this is quite a thread. I may have vitamin D tested.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.