Home Forums General Discussion visual disturbance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I hesitate to post this but I am still learning about AP. I have had difficulty taking the minocycline. Currently, my doc switched me to 200 mg of doxy 3 days a week with an alternating of 50 mgs of the mino on the opposite days. I went to the eye doctor due to visual disturbances. The pressure in my eyes are normal. I am wearing contacts that give me 20/20 vision. Yet, I think I am having issues as things seem blurry. It seems that I may be seeing flashes of light and I am sensitive to light. I don’t have a headache or nausea or anything like that at this low dose. I did have that at a higher dose of the mino. Is this bad? I mean I don’t seem to make the progress on the doxy that I do on the mino. I don’t want to risk my vision either. I hate to call the doctor one more time with issues. Can you have intracranial pressure without the headache?

niteowl
    Participant

You would be wise to schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist. RA can affect organs like eyes and lungs as well as joints. Perhaps as the mycoplasma die off, it is increasing this aspect of the disease. I too am having much difficulty with my eyes, mostly dry, painful, with blurred vision. I have been wearing eye protection such as safety glasses or light tinted sunglasses. I’ve also been using OTC ( over the counter ) eye lubricant drops, Systane lubricant anytime gel specifically. The lubricant is very important to help prevent abrasions to the corneas as there isn’t enough natural lubricant in your eyes that would normally protect your eyes. But do get to an Eye Doctor ASAP.

Diagnosed with RA in 2012
    Fifth Disease in '03
    Lyme? in 2000?
    Had radioactive ablation of hyperactive thyroid in 1997
    autoimmune thrombocytopenia resolved
    Anemia resolved with treatment of RA with Minocycline
    Blood type: B neg

Meds:
    Minocycline 50mg once a week
    Levothyroxine .88mg
    Liothyronine 5mg
    Methotrexate 20 mg once a week

Folic acid
    B12
    B6
    Vit D
    Biotin
    Biosil
    Cbd balm
    Flexaril as needed
    Aspirin
    Benedryl
    Ventolin inhaler
    Lactibiane probiotic

Krys
    Participant

Hi Rio,
    I’m so sorry for scary problems you are experiencing.
    I had intracranial pressure with horrible headaches, and when I was doing very intense detox they subsided. But, like most of us, once I felt better, I slacked down on detox. I still did it, still tried to incorporate many different methods, but not so consistently. And I suspect that intracranial pressure continued without headaches because I ended up with some eye damage. Most of it reversed, but not completely.

I discovered during 2nd year into AP, that intracranial hypertension can be relieved by combining a ramrod straight spine + ramrod straight neck + a detoxification mudra + a detox foot soak.
    Here’s what I do:
    1. Prepare any detox foot soak
    I posted one here in my second post on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6249&hilit=Krys+detox+mudras
    2. Sit on preferably hard surface (closed toilet seat works well. You can put a small cushion there. soft couch is not the right place). Straighten your spine, sitting “very tall”. Tuck in your pelvis a little bit (that will straighten up the curvature). Straighten your neck, making it as tall as possible, as if you are growing and inch or two. Then lower your chin, bringing it down just a little. It will make the neck “ramrod” straight.
    3. Place your hands in a detoxification mudra.
    This one works most potent for me:
    http://www.fitnesshuddle.com/surabhi-mudra.html
    One needs to practice it a few times at first as it seems difficult. It is easier to do when you start with hands that are not parallel to each other. E.g.: keep your left hand vertical and the right one horizontal while placing the fingertips in the right position.
    Here’s the description from Gertud Hirschi’s “Yoga in your Hands”:
    The little finger of your left hand touches the ring finger of your right hand. The little finger of your right hand touches the ring finger of your left hand. At the same time, the middle fingers of both hands touch the index fingers of each other. The thumbs remain extended.
    Do three times a day for 15 minutes. (…)

A visualization, from the same book, to intensify the process:
    “At first, mainly concentrate on your exhalation and imagine how a dark cloud leaves your body each time you exhale. This cloud contains your spent energy, all the waste substances, and every pain. Most importantly, it also contains all your negative thoughts and feelings. After about 20 breaths, also pay attention to your inhalation, and imagine each time that you are absorbing light, which makes your entire body shine. Gradually let the cloud that you exhale become lighter and lighter. In conclusion, let yourself be filled with the brightest light and surrounded by a cloak of light that radiates far out into your environment.”

I usually do not do the above visualization as my attention is focused on keeping my spine and neck straight. I have to keep adjusting it many times every minute: they keep slumping down after a few seconds.
    The visualization I use instead is a downpour of bright light, soft and shiny like “a hundred of full moons”, all loving, that goes through my body and all around me making everything pure and radiant. When it feels too difficult, I focus on the straight spine, straight neck and on keeping the mudra in place.
    It is very powerful.
    When I’m very toxic, the cerebrospinal fluid trickling down my spine feels very yucky, electric and it may somewhat hurt. I’m just relieved that it does not remain in my head doing the damage!

#2 on its own will start the downward flow of cerebrospinal fluid from your head down your spine. Do it on its own many times a day, as many as you can remember, even for just a minute or two. It works! The combination of all 3, makes it very powerful.

Do you have thick blood?
    It often occurs when abx kill the bugs + when the bugs start forming biofilms. Systemic enzymes are a huge help here. I’ve been using many different ones, but Nattokinase is still #1 for me for cleaning the blood of all the debris.

Chiropractic spine and neck adjustment might be very helpful.

TCM herbs + acupuncture were very helpful for me with neck veins stenosis. I needed extra nattokinase afterwards, as when the veins cleared of plague, the blood became extra thick.

@Rio wrote:

I went to the eye doctor due to visual disturbances. The pressure in my eyes are normal. I am wearing contacts that give me 20/20 vision. Yet, I think I am having issues as things seem blurry. It seems that I may be seeing flashes of light and I am sensitive to light.

Massaging the area behind the ears (it bulges out a little) will help the lymph flow better. It will help the eyes.
    Massaging acupressure points around the eyes, helps protect the eyes but if you are seeing flashes of light, I would not massage any points around the eyes on my own.
    Seeing flashing lights may signify a pull on vitreous membrane and may end in virteous detachment.
    http://www.eugeneeyecare.com/conditions/Vitreous_Detachment_and_Floaters.html
    I think you should call your ophthalmologist. He/she may want to see you. Nothing can be done for virteous detachment (or so I was told) but maybe something could be done to make sure it does not cause a tear in the retina.
    TCM acupuncture may help here but I would call first and ask.
    NAC eye drops help with the floaters and toxins by supplying a glutathione precursor to the eyes.

Light sensitivity gets better. I hope you’ll experience smooth sailing back to health from now on!
    Warm wishes, Krys

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Krys,

Thank you so much for your information. I have high deductibles and like most of us, having to go outside of your insurance provider is so expensive. I will call the AP doctor and see if I can change my protocol. Thank goodness he is willing to take my calls without charging me. I am just wondering if they can really measure what is going on. I had them dilate my eyes and everything and they found nothing. I am pretty sure that it is the med. I don’t know if I have sticky blood. I am just now finding docs that can help me but they are out of my approved HMO provider list. Going back to the ophthalmologist would be another $500.00. out of pocket (and I am currently on a much lower dose of mino now). I am wondering if it makes sense to detox first try another med and then go back for a check up in a few months. I just really wanted to hear from other patients to see if anyone else had had a similar experience. I am sure that I can benefit from all the information that you provider. I am absolutely positive I do not detox well. I probably have the MTHFR. I just haven’t had the money to test for that. My next step is to test for Lyme. I am trying to get into a Lyme doctor in Colorado. The wait time is about 3 months.

I do appreciate everyone’s support. This road surely seems lonely at times. I worry, that I can’t seem to handle the mino as it really seems to stop the progression of my SD. Thank you again for responding, it’s so good to connect with people who have been there. You have no idea what a comfort it is to me. It’s not like you can just chat with your friends about all the weird symptoms that this disease brings on. It changes every week.

Rio

Krys
    Participant

Hi Rio,
    @Rio wrote:

I am just wondering if they can really measure what is going on. I had them dilate my eyes and everything and they found nothing.

I don’t know if it can be measured. I saw an ophthalmologist and everything was fine, I experienced the flashing lights about 2 days later. Called the eye doctor during the weekend, was reassured by a doc on duty, had acupuncture treatment and more great help which seemed to work (the flashing lights greatly diminished, then stopped) and my eye examination a few days later showed the vitreous membrane had collapsed anyway. So, what I did did not help.
    I believe the exercises I described in the previous post will help a lot, even if you have very mild or no intracranial hypertension. They will not increase the pressure, whereas stimulating the flow and drainage of cerebrospinal fluid has only positive impact on brain health and helps with brain detoxification.
    Yawning, fully blown yawning, does the same thing. But when I’ve tried it right now, I feel big increase in membranes tension within the brain. So, I would not do it if there was already a risk of a vitreous tear.

I am pretty sure that it is the med.

It’s quite probable that it is the result of the accumulation of die-off toxins. If nothing is done to clear/detoxify it, switching to mino may not help in this respect. Mino permeates the BBB and all the tissues better than doxy, so it will help you more with SD, but you will still have to ramp up the detox.

I don’t know if I have sticky blood. I am just now finding docs that can help me but they are out of my approved HMO provider list. Going back to the ophthalmologist would be another $500.00. out of pocket (and I am currently on a much lower dose of mino now).

I wonder if it is possible to see a doctor and pay cash as do people without insurance? Some very good ones charge only a little (adjust the amount to the one they get from the insurance companies, which is often about 50% less), and the reverse is true, too. To try this option you would need to call many of the clinics and ask.

I mentioned sticky blood because it is quite common with more intense die-off and bio-film production. It may already be a problem prior to AP, as bacterial debris is there during infection (they do excrete toxic stuff all the time) but it intensifies when the bacteria is being killed. Sticky blood will decrease oxygenation and nutrient supply to the brain, decrease abx effectiveness, decrease effectiveness of body’s detox pathways, increasing toxicity and inflammation. So it will impact all of the body, including the eyes and the brain.
    If you are courageous, you can prick your finger and see how the drop of blood flows out. Easy, bright red – no sticky blood; slow, labored flow, dark colored blood – sticky blood.
    I read a lot on RBF about sticky blood but I still did not quite “get it” when it started just about 2-3 months into AP. I wondered why I had a feeling that my veins “felt” heavy, laboring. I cut myself accidentally a few times and was surprised that the blood coagulated on its own very fast. I had used to have a clotting problem most of my life, so I was thrilled that it improved on AP! πŸ˜† Then in my LLMD’s office, when he drew blood for some tests, my blood looked so dark brown. I was started on systemic enzymes to help with inflammation. They do clean up and thus thin the blood. But getting Nattokinase that really turned things around. Helped with heart problems, eased weird feeling of tension within the brain, helped with neuropathy, numbness in my fingers. My doc confirmed my choice and advised me to take Nattoinase regularly, once a day.

I am wondering if it makes sense to detox first try another med and then go back for a check up in a few months.

This is the decision that only you yourself can make. But I’m sure many people have made it. I did it myself many times. Not out of recklessness, but like you, after examining all the optios. I sure wish I kept detoxifying more.

I am absolutely positive I do not detox well. I probably have the MTHFR. I just haven’t had the money to test for that.

Most if not all of us do not detox well and, unfortunately, we all have to struggle to introduce and then maintain detoxification, especially the intense one. 😳 I may remember wrong, but my impression is that this test is not that expensive. You may search RBF, search window on the main page of General Discussion, for the test and the lab. Having the test results may help you better implement detox on a regular basis. I’ve never done the test. I know that I do not detoxify well and that all the problems that showed up while on AP, significantly improved or disappeared with detox. I agree with the docs and researchers who say that viruses and bacteria influence our mind. I’ve experienced bad decisions (esp. bad food choices with hell to pay later), sabotaging tx (no detox in spite of knowing to the contrary) lots of times. I still do not dotox enough. But when I do, especially intensely for a few days, there’s HUGE difference in how I feel!

My next step is to test for Lyme. I am trying to get into a Lyme doctor in Colorado. The wait time is about 3 months.

Good decision. πŸ˜€ 😎 Here’s the sx list you may feel like checking:
    http://www.endowmentmed.org/pdf/updatelyme.pdf
    http://www.lyme-symptoms.com/LymeCoinfectionChart.html
    (Krys EDIT: another link to a form often used by LLMDs. You need to click on: “Download Symptom Checklist”. The url of the checklist does not open up on its own http://lymedisease.org/resources/handouts1.html
    My sx are 90% gone, including almost all SD-like sx, all typical Lyme sx, almost all Babesia and Bartonella sx. I’m very happy that I decided to see an LLMD.

This road surely seems lonely at times. I worry, that I can’t seem to handle the mino as it really seems to stop the progression of my SD. Thank you again for responding, it’s so good to connect with people who have been there. You have no idea what a comfort it is to me. It’s not like you can just chat with your friends about all the weird symptoms that this disease brings on. It changes every week.

Don’t worry. There are always solutions. Maybe intense detox will be enough. If it turns out that it is doxy and mino that’s a problem for you now, then people with the same problem often switched to other class of abx, like macrolides, or IV-s, for a while and then switched back to mino and experienced no problems with it.
    Worrying has never helped. πŸ™ I know it’s easier said than done, (I’m capable of being a worry champion πŸ˜† ) but it’s worthwhile to learn to turn off the worry button. When you are not actively working on beating the disease, laugh, watch funny or sweet movies, listen to the music you love, read great books, do anything you can to take your mind off being sick. You will do yourself a great favor this way. If you let the disease become your inner identity, you will be losing to it even if the sx keep improving.
    Please do not take it as a criticism. This part is not easy at all and somehow tends to creep on us. It creates constant vigilance and hightened stress level which do not help at all. Even if it feels artificial at first, make your heart relax, smile and laugh. Then spread the energy all throughout the body. It may last just a few seconds, but what a relief! πŸ˜€

RBF is a great forum and we all have been there. You can search old posts (search window on the main page of General Discussion) and find a whole mine of information. There were many posters with fabulous sense of humor + great knowledge. You’ll find a lot to help you find the answers and feel recharged with optimism that you will beat the beasts!

May vibrant health be just around the corner for you and may your road back to health be smooth,
    Krys

Anonymous
    Participant

Kyrs,

Thank you for all of your information, support and links. You are so right about not identifying with the disease, I don’t take your words of wisdom as criticism. It is sound advice, we all need those reminders. Just know that someone else out there has had a similar experience is really reassuring. I do need to do more detoxing. I also need to follow the food plan. I find that I do have horrible cravings, I am sure it is the virus talking to me. I will go back and read all of the information again. I do appreciate your time and all of your research. I am learning so much. My ophthalmologist never explained things to me in that manner. Now I understand how it can all be connected.

Rio

sunny22
    Participant

Kyrs, thx for all your info. I too have a big problem w detoxing due to MTHFR. I’ve been using the sauna and steam room but it doesn’t seem to be enough. I will read your links. Rio, thx for your posts. I have trouble with mino and doxy (DILE). Your eyesight is so important. If this has been going on since you started Mino, be careful. I had eye issues also( among other side effects) on Mino. I am told there are other abx out there for us. I’ll let you know what i learn. Thanks for all who post on this forum. It is truly inspiring to hear other member’s stories ( the good and bad). and also comforting to know we are not alone. Sunny

Krys
    Participant

@Rio wrote:

The pressure in my eyes are normal. blurry. flashes of light ..sensitive to light.

I don’t have a headache or nausea …I don’t want to risk my vision either. ..Can you have intracranial pressure without the headache?

Rio, I owe you an apology.

I responded to your fears and maybe added to your state of apprehension. I’m sorry.

If you read the links on Lyme sx, double vision, blurry vision, light sensitivity, flashing lights are very common sx. They DO get better and eventually disappear with treatment.

In my replies I focused on flashing lights and possibility of intracranial hypertension because when combined, they
    may lead to vitreous detachment. It often happens in people after 40 anyway. “Rarely, the retina behind the vitreous can be pulled as the vitreous detaches producing a “retinal detachment” or a tear in the retina.” (quote from the link in my 1st reply). That’s the part we want to prevent, if possible. AP would not bring it about per se, though if the die-off produced neurological herx with intracranial hypertension, and nothing was done to reduce the hypertension and to detox, then you could say that abx contributed.

Nausea is a very common response to doxy and mino and usually disappears after about a month.
    Headaches in response to mino/doxy may be part of a herx. With neurological Lyme presentation, they can be intense. You do not have headaches, so you most probably do NOT have intracranial hypertension.

In my reply, I focused on your fears. I’m so sorry.
    My experience was part of my journey, my Lyme sx, tx, herx, not enough detox. It may not apply to you.
    I had a very neurological Lyme presentation, with headaches. And a big part of my herx was immense headaches, intracranial hypertension. I wanted to get well, so I plodded on. I did not reduce the dose. I did not call my doc. I did not do enough detox in the beginning. After intense detox the sx disappeared, but maybe either the hypertension continued at some low level or the brain toxicity kept being high or the hypertension started a process that kept continuing … I’m all fine now. πŸ™‚
    Krys

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Krys,

You do not owe me an apology. LOL. I want to hear everything from other patients. I had horrible, horrible headaches prior to treatment. I woke up with a headache every day for three months! I went to the doc and asked for a MRI and had a CScan ..nothing found. I felt so stupid. Not to mention to see their faces. You know the look, oh here she comes again.

Upon starting treatment I did have bad headaches on the mino at 200 mg a day…so we cut it down. I have tons of neurological symptoms which puzzle me to this day. They are changing as I am treating. I have matter in my eyes in the morning and the pain behind my eyes at 200 mg of mino was awful. It hurt to move my eyes.

I am still in shock to think my SD could be caused by Lyme but it makes sense! So hearing your story is really helpful.

I think it would be pretty tough to rattle me at this point, I really thought I would be dead by now. LOL
    I am so honored that you took the time to answer each of my questions.

Thank you!

Rio

Krys
    Participant

Hi Rio,
    You are very welcome. And thanks for the explanation. I’m relieved I did not throw you into a state of panic.
    @Rio wrote:

… I went to the doc and asked for a MRI and had a CScan ..nothing found. I felt so stupid. Not to mention to see their faces. You know the look, oh here she comes again.

I have tons of neurological symptoms which puzzle me to this day. They are changing as I am treating. I have matter in my eyes in the morning and the pain behind my eyes at 200 mg of mino was awful. It hurt to move my eyes.

We’ve all been there, unfortunately. πŸ˜₯ The eye discharge goes away pretty fast on abx, so did the pain behind the eyes and pain with eye movement. Dry eyes improved but still there. Neurological sx improve and eventually go away but may resurface after consumption of foods you are sensitive to. If the list is long (gluten, dairy, + a lot more) it’s easy to consume some of those. I had 2 longish periods of time when I managed to heal my gut somewhat, and I stopped reacting to all offensive foods. And of course I went on a binge that would not stop 😳 … and everything came back. πŸ˜₯

… I find that I do have horrible cravings, I am sure it is the virus talking to me.

Sugar and especially gluten cravings are a typical drug withdrawal symptom, though all the bugs do love and thrive on sugar. To put it very crudely (my brain vastly oversimplifies things) there is something in gluten that binds to opoid receptors in the brain. And as long as you consume gluten once in a while or get some hidden gluten (not marked as an ingredient) you will keep experiencing cravings. As Lynnie explained a few times on RBF, it takes about 8 months to be completely clear of gluten. It only takes 3 days for our body to clear dairy. If I remember correctly, I read on RBF that if you do not ingest any gluten, including the hidden one, for 2 weeks, the cravings subside.

This website explains it clearly though a bit cautiously: http://www.kriskris.com/wheat-heroin-morphine/

I’ll go through my notes from “Gluten Summit” webinars and “Future of Nutrition Conference” webinar. I liked their explanations a lot. If anybody is interested, there’s a fabulous website http://www.greenmedinfo.com with lots of good articles backed up by scientific references. If one decides to sign up for their newsletter, one receives a pdf booklet “The Dark Side of Wheat. A Critical Appraisal of the Role of Wheat in Human Disease” which connects lots of our puzzle pieces involving autoimmunity, leaky gut, and much more. It also explains epigenetics. Once read, staying away from gluten becomes easier. πŸ˜‰
    Warm wishes, Krys

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rio,

I suspect that your dose of minocycline may still be too high. Also, are you taking a high dose of vitamin D? In my experience, vitamin D can affect one’s vision, both positively and negatively.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Krys
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

In my experience, vitamin D can affect one’s vision, both positively and negatively.

Phil, thank you very much for mentioning Vit.D. Thanks to your post I took 1 yesterday and then today and my eyes love it! They feel moist. Amazing. πŸ˜€

@sunny22 wrote:

Kyrs, thx for all your info. I too have a big problem w detoxing due to MTHFR. I’ve been using the sauna and steam room but it doesn’t seem to be enough. I will read your links.

Hi Sunny,
    I’ve experienced the benefits of intense detox, but I’m very far from becoming a champion. It is really, really good to be familiar with many methods and when the going gets really rough, combine some different ones at the same time like FIR sauna, toxin binders, NAC/glutathione and Milk Thistle. Or coffee enema, toxin binders, baths/foot soaks, NAC/glutathione and Milk Thistle. Many people on RBF take Milk Thistle, and NAC/glutathione (sometimes also ALA, πŸ˜› CoQ10) every single day and add something additional when the toxicity/inflammation gets high (another detox method, or Systemic enzymes/anti-inflammatories, green raw juicing, only raw + cooked vegetables or + chicken, if they cannot handle just veggies) — for a few consecutive days until it gets better.
    Or they find out that gluten-free is not enough that they need to go starch-free. Eventually you will find out what works best for you or what you are most wiling to do.

It has a lot to do with how rigid our comfort zone is and how willing we are to change habits of a lifetime. I don’t like it, but I’ve found that to be true. 😳 Be very kind to yourself if you find you need time and for now you can only take baby steps. You are still going in the right direction, towards health! πŸ˜› And maybe, if we cannot push ourselves into an intense detox, it is because it’s just too much for our body at the moment? I don’t know.
    Eventually you will need those methods only once in a long while and then none at all! 😎

Here are some maybe helpful links: MTHFR and detox:
    http://mthfrliving.com/category/health-conditions/ The link through betterhealthguy. The blogger here has a talent for explaining things clearly, without pushing alarm buttons. It is a bit not easy to navigate, but …
    — All the detox methods our RBF angel has used personally, scroll down to the last post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=301
    — a long and very comprehensive betterhealthguy’s list: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/topics/detoxification
    — lengthy thread on detox: viewtopic.php?f/1&t=6187&p=66113&hilit=Krys+detox+mudras#p66113
    — + more detox: viewtopic.php?f/1&t=7586&p=62391&hilit=Krys+detox+betterhealthguy+mudras#p62391
    There are many more, probably better, posts about detox. It was easier for me to find the ones above, because I remembered the threads.
    May your healing journey be smooth, fun and short,
    Krys

sunny22
    Participant

Thanks for pointing out the links/ threads krys. I also use many of the supps you have mentioned. Thx for sharing with all of us. Sunny

A Friend
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi Rio,
    I suspect that your dose of minocycline may still be too high. Also, are you taking a high dose of vitamin D? In my experience, vitamin D can affect one’s vision, both positively and negatively.
    Phil

Hello Phil,
    I just did a search of RBF posts after accidentally finding and reading the following information which I’ve pasted below under the Subject: Excess Vit D and Vision, & Deficiencies & Vision. on down below. You are all too familiar with what happened in my own case of beginning taking high-dose 5,000 Vitamin D-3 in early 2013. Your guidance helped me be calmer in the storm.

I have a copy of my vision measurements done in January 2013, which is the month both my annual eye exam and annual health checkup/labs are done. This was just a month or two before I began taking the high-dose Vit D3, which set off a “fire storm” of problems (especially horrific IBS the whole year, and continuing to some degree. My vision checkup this year (January 2014) was really terrible compared to last year which only had “early” cataracts. My ophthalmologist/retinal specialist told me this January I was close to being “legally blind,” and said I needed cataract surgery for both eyes. As much as I’ve read since the reactions to the Vit D3 began, I was totally ignorant about cataract surgery, and didn’t realize an actual implant is done until after it was done — thought it was a film to be removed. (There must be a lesson in this somewhere! and hope my experience will benefit others). If I could go back, I would definitely not have had the cataract surgeries. I’ve found information that this condition can be improved or reversed. Also, information exists that strongly suggests the cause of this acceleration in vision deterioration was the high dose Vitamin D3.

I’ve also found the most likely “co-involvement” in my strong reaction to the high dose Vitamin D3… and the main “lead” was when I had the molar show up with a dark spot on my dental film late in 2013. I wanted no root canal or implant, so the molar had to be extracted — and that was the first time the IBS stopped (abruptly… for a while). The needed dentistry led me to my former dentist in another city, who became a holistic dentist after I’d moved away. I chose to see him. And I’ve learned I have four cavitations (problematic sites where wisdom teeth were pulled many years ago — and remain unhealed and a source of problems– and other metals in my mouth that I thought had been replaced already. This needed to be mentioned here since it is tied to the reaction of the D-3, and people who are chronically ill or not need to know these kinds of things.

Phil, this is the copied/pasted info mentioned up above:

Are you familiar with this link information below:

Subject: Excess Vit D and Vision, & Deficiencies & Vision

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/10104/1/Vitamin-B-C-D-Deficiency.html

Excerpt (The above link has many topics/conditions listed which I

lorena9
    Participant

Hi Rio:

Sorry you are having visual disturbance. I also have the same thing and it seems to start when I begin some new meds or Abx. I had it when I was on plaquenyl and mini, and then on doxy but it didn’t last too long on the doxy. When I went off the abx and started herbs for lyme based on Burners protocol, I must have started too quickly on high dosage because after 2 months on these herbs I still have very blurry vision and sometimes a white kind of light in the peripheral vision. I am also extremely sensitive to light and find myself squinting. This is the longest it has lasted. I am not sure if it is a “herxing” reaction, but I definitely see a pattern.
    I am sorry I am not more helpful, as I also feel baffled. But at least you are not alone and I have been to the ophtomologist and she didn’t see any damage. She also said something strange. That I don’t have lyme disease because she would be able to see it in my eyes. I never heard of this before, and now makes me wonder about her diagnosis!!
    Also I have a genetic predisposition where I don’t break down meds very well, and do not detox easily. So I take smaller dosage than required and wonder if somehow this lack of not being able to break down meds affects the eyes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.