Home Forums General Discussion Vasculitis

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi all. I am pretty sure the burning I’ve been experiencing is vasculitis. I started 2 months ago with burning in my head. I now am experiencing it in my legs. I am sure I had vascular issues before mino so I am not blaming the mino. I do know right after I switched antibiotic the burning started on both occasions. I am in a lot of pain and wonder if anyone else has vasculitis and what is your treatment. Upon examining me, Dr. S said mino is the treatment for vasculitis as well. Anyone have this issue and did mino help? I’m thinking I need something more!!

Stacy

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

Jez
    Participant

Hey, I have not had this experience, but I have read that this does happen to some people. I also have scleroderma and have been on mino for 10 yeats. Maybe try talking to your doctor again and see if maybe you can adjust your dosage and ask what he recommends for the pain.I hope everything is well, and I do hope the pain is relieved and you can stick with the treatment.

Jez
    Participant

I just realized that you also have lupus. If you arent able to handle the mino, ask your ap doctor if he recommend you ease off on treatment or about other ap drugs you can try. Keep us updated!

snglbear24
    Participant

Hi Jez. Thanks for your response. Have u heard that Lupas people are more Sensative to AP? Do we know y? Thanks.

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

Jez
    Participant

I have read some articles that have stated they could be more sensitive to minocycline. I am not too sure why. I do strongly suggest that you talk to your doctor as I am not sure if this is the case with you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.