Home Forums General Discussion Update on Brand Minocin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TrustingGod
    Participant

Brand Minocin is now manufactured by Bausch Health. It is on backorder. They could not provide me a date when it will be available.

TrustingGod
    Participant

I know that patients have had success with the generics below. Are there others? I prefer to order from a U.S. pharmacy. I am a bit concerned because I relapsed on generics previously.

Torrent capsules
    Zydus capsules

Par tablets
    Torrent tablets

Minoz from India

CMS12
    Participant

Hi – Could be wrong, but pretty sure Bausch Health is owned by Valeant Pharma, which owns Minocin, so no change. Valeant definitely owns Bausch and Lomb. It’s too bad. We all need access to brand Minocin. I’m now on my 4th generic without significant improvement.

Cindy

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cindy,

I’m now on my 4th generic without significant improvement.

Were any of those generics tablets?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

Here’s another option to consider: Have a compounding pharmacist make minocycline capsules using pure minocycline, and with microcrystalline cellulose as the sole filler. Ingredient-wise, that is the closest thing to pelleted Minocin one can get. However, that option is more expensive (compared to generic minocycline), and is typically not covered by insurance. For most people that’s likely to be unnecessary. People with a lot of allergies or sensitivities are more likely to benefit. I believe that this option requires a special prescription, but I’m not certain of that.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.