Home Forums General Discussion Update On AP Treatment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pittRAlady
    Participant

Thought I would update everyone on my AP progress. My anti-ccp went down over 4 months from 152 to 118.
    Still taking 300 mg doxy everyday, ceftin. B12 shots three times a week. not as strict with diet. I am not doing 85 % raw and 15% cooked anymore. I feel better eating more cooked food. still avoiding gluten and nightshades most of the time. not swelling that often, only twice for a few hours. But my morning stiffness is getting worse. So I would say pain is better…morning stiffness and fatigue a little worse right now.

Wish you all healing and good health.

Maz
    Keymaster

@pittRAlady wrote:

Thought I would update everyone on my AP progress. My anti-ccp went down over 4 months from 152 to 118.
    Still taking 300 mg doxy everyday, ceftin. B12 shots three times a week. not as strict with diet. I am not doing 85 % raw and 15% cooked anymore. I feel better eating more cooked food. still avoiding gluten and nightshades most of the time. not swelling that often, only twice for a few hours. But my morning stiffness is getting worse. So I would say pain is better…morning stiffness and fatigue a little worse right now.

Wish you all healing and good health.

Hi PittRAlady,

Did you mean 100mg doxy twice daily? Just wondering as your signature line is different. I also experienced great progress with my labs in my first year, all coming down. It’s exciting to see this! The downside is that I also experienced building hypersensitivity from the heavy dosing I needed to take for Lyme. I felt toxic and my RA symptoms, while improved in some ways, felt as bad or worse in others. Dr. Brown had a method of dealing with this. Would you like me to send you his transcript on dealing with hypersensitivity in case this is also what you’re experiencing? Of course, it’s still very early days for you and there will be days where you will feel you have jumped ahead and some days where you feel you have gone backwards. This is why you’ll hear us saying it’s like a dance of stepping back and forth all the way to remission. Lyme also has a life cycle of about a month, so my first LLMD (a very smart guy) told me that the bugs may be more susceptible at various times during their life cycle, so that more die-off occurs at those times. Women, in general, seem to have a tougher time in this respect during those times in their cycle when hormones are crashing.

pittRAlady
    Participant

Sorry I updated my signature to match my treatment. I figured these my symptoms would shift. Dr B warned me about it. Glad the pain is less though. Due for a phone consult so I am sure my treatment is about to shift. Forgot to mention my RF went negative. Not that I am counting on labs. I have noticed a cycle correlation. Yay. Lol. Please send info on hypersensitivity so I can educate myself. Thanks Maz!

Maz
    Keymaster

@pittRAlady wrote:

Sorry I updated my signature to match my treatment. I figured these my symptoms would shift. Dr B warned me about it. Glad the pain is less though. Due for a phone consult so I am sure my treatment is about to shift. Forgot to mention my RF went negative. Not that I am counting on labs. I have noticed a cycle correlation. Yay. Lol. Please send info on hypersensitivity so I can educate myself. Thanks Maz!

Whoohoo!!! Fantastic news about your RF! You’re on your way! 🙂 PM with article will be sent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.