Home Forums General Discussion UPDATE: My trip to the ER

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Conniel7777
    Participant

Hello All,

To Suzanne, Judy, Hopefulmama (Andrea ), Valsmum, Theresa, John M, Nspiker and Trudi: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES and/or PRAYERS! You dont know how much it means to me to read them….

The update is: They kept me in the hospital b/c it was taking too long for the bloodwork to come back, & they figured they would admit me for observation as a precaution. the next day, they did several EKG's and an Echo……   turns out the bloodwork was good..NO heart attack.. and the EKG's and 2 chest x rays were normal. My vitals- blood pressure, beats per minute, temperature, etc, were all perfect. No results on the echo yet, as they did that right before I signed myself out. ( I wanted them to discharge me, but they wouldnt.. they wanted to run another test, where they inject dye into a vein and watch it circulate thru your coronary arteries to see if there are blockages–you know, for coronary artery disease– but I didnt want to stay in the hospital yet ANOTHER day for that when I can get that test done on an outpatient basis at my own doctors office )

So, the good news is, no heart attack; but I dont know the results of the echo yet.. I am sure I will in a day or two, especially if its bad news… I already know that I have the mild Mitral Valve Regurgitation issue, as they discovered that via Echo a year ago.. but the new echo will be an update to last years, and it will show if the Mitral Valve Regurg has gotten worse, or stayed the same, etc…and from what I read on the order for the echo, it also checks for pressure within the heart? ( although I dont know how exactly accurate that would be ) and that brings us back to the PAH…

To John: I had no idea about using an exercise echocardiogram instead of the at-rest version': I also was not aware of the blood test called BNP for Brain Natriuretic Peptide… you said these were recommended in order to rule out PAH…. that is VERY VALUABLE info, as I know that many times a heart catheterization is often recommended to diagnose or rule out PAH, and several members here have had that done and regretted it, so its nice to know there are there are other tests that can be used to rule it out, as I really, REALLY dont want to have a heart cath….

So, thats the update.. I am home today, resting. I will return to work tomorrow. I called the cardiology dept at my medical groip and made an appt for October 27th. ( That was their earliest ) I am sure I will learn the results of my latest echo during that visit. I will also be able to schedule the test that will check me for coronary artery disease.

I am also SERIOUSLY considering moving up the appt with a Lyme doc..  its scheduled for December 18 ( due to money issues, I scheduled it far out ) but I think I will call them tomorrow & move it up.. I will find some way to pay for it.. b/c I just KNOW I have Lyme and probably 1 or more co-infection, and I need to get that situation taken care of.. enough is enough.

Again, thanks to all who responded and/or prayed for me and sent me well wishes.. you dont know how much it meant.

Connie

hopefulmama
    Participant

Connie,

I am so relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thrilled to hear that you are home resting and no longer in the hospital, and so glad that it wasn't a heart attack.  I'm now praying that the echo shows no progression from last year… and yes, get to a lyme doc.  I know the cost is prohibitive but if there is any possible way, it will make you feel so much better just to know that you are on the path and actively doing as much as you can toward your own recovery.  My own anxiety level has dropped about 200% since I started on my own lyme treatment a month ago… not sure if it is a combination of what the antimicrobials are doing within my body plus relief to know that I am getting the best of care, but either way, things are getting better.

So glad you are ok.  Keep us updated.

A

Suzanne
    Participant

Connie,

I'm glad you were well enough to leave the hospital and hopefully you are going to get reassuring news from your other tests, too.  Take it easy at work today, though!!!!  And keep us posted how you are feeling!   We'll be thinking of you.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Connie,

So very glad to hear that you are getting some good news.  That is wonderful.

Shelley

jasonjuul
    Participant

Dear Connie,

I'll be sure to include you in my prayers when I pray for my own Rachael to get well. I know these prayers are working because they are guiding me to new leads every day.

Sincerely,
    John M.

Conniel7777
    Participant

John,

I know there is great power in prayer.. and I will keep your daughter in my prayers as well…

Thank You!!

Connie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.