Home Forums General Discussion Unexpected Tetracycline side effect

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lyn_x
    Participant

[user=1403]mkay[/user] wrote:

Very strange that we are discussing pimples BUT since we are, here's whats been happening with me….every single pimple I get ends up with a little hard white thing (cyst like) in it…they are very hard and very hard to get out, I would love to get to the bottom of why this is happening because it makes a simple little pimple take longer to heal.  Anyone else have this?!!

How interesting…I've had the exact same issue since starting AP.  Hard, white cyst, bumps like that are definitely not the normal pimples.

Hoping
    Participant

Hi Betsyr,

Sorry I didn't log on yesterday. I wasn't a Roadback member in the first 2 years of my abx treatment. Later, after reading the postings here, I was wondering why I couldn't find anybody else on tetra, and I re-evaluated my own situation. At that time, I had been on it for 2.5 years. When I first started tetra, it did take away some major problems and I was living a relatively normal life with occasional minor problems. But then I realized that my ANA level has been consistently at a high level – didn't come down at all. So after posting some questions, I asked my AP doc to switch me to mino. I had a bad Herx with high fever. After learning about mino-induced-Lupus, I switched to doxy and am currently on it. That also gave me Herx reaction, which everybody including my doc said is a good thing. So I guess doxy should be more effective for me (hopefully). I am waiting to see my lab figures to come down. During a chat, Dr. S in TN also said tetra is less effective.

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

I have SD and had the same reaction of little bumps on my forehead at the beginning and its kind of bothersome but small in comparison to sd. but anyways i found something that worked for me and ever since Ive been using face sugar scrub and a face toner and have not had a problem since. I was told by an esthetician that since i have the skin tightening on my face from sd, my skin doesnt allow these impurities to come out with just a regular face wash in the shower like im used to. so now i do a lil facial sugar scrub once a week then i use a toner everyday.  No more lil bumps for me.

seas
    Participant

I'd love to join Sierra and sing loudly….. LOL…. but, I have been on minocycline for just 8 weeks and have started getting white bumps on my lips. They don't look bad but I did dig into one and it is white (not really pus) but also not sebaceous either. Actually quite sore. I had acne when I was young but nothing since, and this doesn't seem like acne to me. I'm thinking too it is either a side effect of drugs or in fact toxins being expelled. Maybe you could just put some hot compresses on where they are and let them gently dispel, much better idea than what I did. Lets see how long it takes for them to disappear.  :roll-laugh:

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Unexpected Tetracycline side effect’ is closed to new replies.