Home Forums General Discussion Twenty Mule Team Borax

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marypart
    Participant

I’m really wondering….

How’s the Borax working for those who are using it? What symptoms does it work for?

Any gastrointestinal issues… for better or worse?

Anybody using any other boron-related product that they can comment on?

Thanks,
    Mary

A Friend
    Participant

@marypart wrote:

I’m really wondering….

How’s the Borax working for those who are using it? What symptoms does it work for?

Thanks,
    Mary

Hi Mary…. This is what I’m continuing to do and have learned about this subject since previous posts on boron:
    1) The 3 mg Boron Citrate (brand mentioned on ArthritisTrust.org in the article: To read the rest of this article, click on this link:
    http://www.arthritistrust.org/Articles/Boron%20and%20Arthritis.pdf
    is no longer available and I began looking everywhere for another source;
    2) Checked out 20 Mule Team Borax at Target, and the current packaging now says do not take internally, and I don’t want to risk it;
    3) Found a NOW brand OsteoBoron with Green Superfoods with 6 mg OsteoBoron(R) in 2 capsules ($6.59 for 90 caps at my favorite health store which I have been using temporarily, while still looking for a 3 mg Boron Citrate.
    4) I would be able to get a rather large qty. of Boron Citrate (Pharmaceutical Grade powder) and get a determination from the pharmacist of how to measure a 3 mg dosage (it would be a bit expensive to have them put in capsules, and that’s not necessary, as it can be put in foods, etc.). I will continue possibly planning to order this powder, as the research on Arthitis Trust shows that HRT is the only thing that has successfully addressed osteoporosis; and use of Boron Citrate in studies has shown that its use rather quickly raises hormone levels and helps with bones similar to women taking HRT therapy. (I’ve just recently learned I apparently would benefit from this type therapy more than I realized. In spite of a report previously showing my bone density was in “the high range of normal,” I’ve just learned of another rather serious problem, which showed to a lesser degree a few years ago that was never mentioned to me.
    5) Just a day or two ago, I found another source of Boron Citrate that I may try for a while for now, before ordering the Boron Citrate powder mentioned above. The one just found is: M250 Citramin II (R), 90 vegetarian capsules for $13.85… a complete mineral formula of highly absorbable citrate chelates without copper or iron. To read more, go to: http://www.thorne.com/Products/Minerals/Multi_Minerals/prd~M250.jsp

That’s it for today.

Trudi
    Participant

@marypart wrote:

I’m really wondering….

Hi Mary–

I’ve been using the 20 Muleteam Borax since April 25 (1/16 of a tsp in a liter of water, 3 days on, one day off). I have had the water tested by my electro-dermal doctor and my chiropractor, who does muscle testing, and both say it is doing me good. I have NOT had the dramatic improvement as Nora who introduced this to us, but I am certain that she has done better because she is also alkalizing her body with baking soda. One of these days I will try it. I have been shying away from using it because of blood pressure concerns.

Since starting borax in April, I have seen these improvements: my right ankle is no longer swollen, I’ve had an infection in my right nostril for the longest time and that has cleared up, warts that I had on my right heel for over a year are gone :), I had a lot of nodules on my right and left thighs and have just one left on my left thigh (wondered about these for years and doctors just said they were fatty tissue, but I think they were related to this disease), and my biofilms (as shown on the electro-dermal machine are slowly (very slowly) reducing.

I still have a lot of problems with my ligaments, tendons, and muscles. I wonder if my use of Cat’s Claw, which is a quinolone derivative, may have done some damage (The herbalist, Steve Buhner says no way; my chiropractor isn’t so sure). I know that the fluoroquinolone’s (antibiotics) definitely cause that kind of damage. I’m hoping that seeing a chiropractor will help me in this area.

BTW, absolutely no stomach problems at all.

Dr. Rex Newnham, who did a lot of research on boron/borax, put together a supplement called OsteoTrace. The following links give information on it. As I mentioned, I use the 20 Muleteam Borax. I shy away from products that have too many ingredients–always seem to run into problems.

http://www.veganhealthandbeauty.com/productdetail.asp?ItemRef=103

http://www.greenhealthwatch.com/goodslifeworks/goodshealing/hrnewnhamost.htm

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

I was going to start the 20 Mule Team Borax after some folks on the DMSO yahoo group talked it up….I’m a bit “scared” to start with it as it says on box, Do Not Take Internally.

I’ve been taking 3mg Boron for a long time daily but feel no real change with joint issues.

Comments on anyone using it…thanks jam

richie
    Participant

Seems to me if one wants to use Boron it should be pharmaceutical grade not borax in soap form which is not meant for human consumption —-
    richie

cavalier
    Participant

I use boron in supplement form 3 mg’s I dont notice any difference but good for bones osteopenia issues. i read somewhere that too much boron can incease estrogen so I dont over do it.

If one hits the net you will find in searches some info that people take borax for lyme – mule team although it says not for human consumption some people claim on the net that they take it internally – I have not used it who knows.
    I get the supplement kind from Swansons no affliation.
    Jill Lyme

jaminhealth
    Participant

I’m with a DMSO yahoo group and many over there take the 20 Mule Team Borax, I know it says not for internal use, but there is a lot of info on the net who use the Borax internally, it contains sodium tetraborate (a natural mineral)… this is on the box of 20 Mule Team…

Solray sells a Boron called Tetra Boron…so do your homework as I’m checking this out…..I have been taking 3mg of Triple Boron for quite a while and no great results…..

Trudi
    Participant

I took the 20 Mule Team Borax for about a year and a half. It helped in some areas as mentioned above, but hasn’t helped with the tendons, ligaments, and muscles. 🙁 Here is a lot of information for anyone interested–
    http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html

I notice there is some mention that the newer borax has a scent added to it. I would not take that one.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.