Home Forums General Discussion time lapse with IM injections.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thinking of going back to my original prescribed treatment as the heart problems are appearing again without the mino. Hoping the generic Akamin will do as that is all we have with Sigma out of action.
    I have forgotten when I last used IM lincomycin, sister drug to Clindamycin IV. what the time lapse between abx was.The Lincomycin is on the PBS here and i can administer myself which helps with the cost.
    Do you still need to leave the 2 hour between an oral and IM lincocin injection does anyone know?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hoping the generic Akamin will do as that is all we have with Sigma out of action.

Not true any longer I think Rosemary. I filled a script for Minomycin (Sigma) in September

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Good heavens Lyn. You would think my rheumy would have known. I asked him about a fortnight ago as I wanted to get off the doxy.
    The mino has always rid me of the heart symptoms and I am starting to get them back since being off it so that’s a relief.
    Not looking forward to the mess it makes of my face though. it was starting to ease. Thanks so much.
    I might just try the clindamycin capsules to start and see how that goes. Not so invasive. Have used them before. Thanks for that.
    Boy am I sick of taking all this. Guess you got-a do-what-you-got-a-do to stay alive.

Thank you so much Lynnie for the info on the minomycin. I am surprised Ken did not know with all the lyme patients he has. Anyway i now managed to get an appt with him on Wed to get the clindamycin as well. It appears after a chat to the pharmacist that you can no longer get the Lincocin IM only at hospital pharmacies and that would be too much travelling for me the way I feel at the moment. Seems like they are cutting every which way it goes. there is no doubt the higher doses seem to kill more if you can tolerate it. Took me a long time to work that one out unfortunately. difficult though when you are on several antibiotics. Lyn do you know what is generally used here for detox in place of the glutathione IV push. Not just liver detox but the whole body. I don’t think enough attention is paid to this by the medical profession for all illness. I was shocking before I ever started any treatment way back, so no wonder 3 antibiotic knocked the socks off me initially. My hands were bright red and speckled. Will ask the rheumy on Wed if there is anything, Just thought you might know whats available here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.