Home Forums General Discussion Time for an update.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Katie

If he can send the IV's to me for someone to administer, could'nt I get my GP to do that as well as prescribe them? It all seem ridiculous to me that our Gps will only go half way with the treatment. Also did he tell you the cost of the IV's?

To answer you question it's my GP that gives me the abx I take doxy because of lupus (it's explained in the book.)

I would like to thank Lynnie, as alway so supportive and informative Thanks.

It's good to hear that 5/6yrs not too long. I have tried lots of protocols now m-w-f 100mg, everyday and 100mg 2xday, can't get it right can't say I'm herxing because I would'nt know the difference anymore Nice to hear from you both.

Keep well!

Rosemary

katieb
    Participant

Hi Rosey,

My GP could prescribe the mino because she's allowed to for acne – ie it's allowed on the NHS. Also it is very unlikely to cause any ill effects in the patient.

However, I'm really not sure whether clindamycin is something that's allowed on the NHS. She told me their practice nurse does IVs for severe infections but I don't know what antibiotic they use. It's really a whole different ballpark from the mino/doxy and I can see why a GP would be reluctant even if it was allowed – not so easy to explain to one's colleagues if you see what I mean.

Have you asked your GP about IVs ?

I've PM'ed you about what Dr H's IVs cost.

Take care,  Katie

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thanks Katie

I've replyed to you message and thanks very much

Rosemary

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Time for an update.’ is closed to new replies.