Home Forums General Discussion Tight muscles in upper shoulders/ neck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I woke up with tight muscles in the upper shoulders/ neck area. I can speculate it could be a new pillow or sleeping with the ceiling fan on. However, this is how my first flare started so I am taking it very seriously. I have been
    in the shower for an hour running hot water on it. I have been massaging as best I can and trying to get it loose. I have been eating more gluten free grains lately and sugar and been very active and busy. Actually, I have been almost normal so this is a setback this morning.
    My husband got some prednisone when he got bronchitis and never used it. I do not even know if it is in date. Should I maybe try taking a fourth of one this morning and tomorrow morning? I just really need to make sure to keep my inflammation down. Or maybe I should just wait and see?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I hope this is not because I switched from Ranbaxy to PAR.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Nikkoal
    Participant

Spiffy, when did you start PAR? I’m sorry you are hurting. Any improvement today?

Spiffy

My neck feels better than yesterday but trying to be careful. My ankle also gave me more problems yesterday. I began PAR on May 26. However I just called USA Torrent and they said it should be no problem to get the Ranbaxy at CVS or Wal Mart. Here I am in Maryland right next door. Should not be difficult. I am going to get on this.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Guess what? Wal Mart says I should have Ranbaxy in by tomorrow. She says she knows for sure she can get the 50 mgs. Tablets because she just did it for someone else. She is going to try for the 100 mgs. But I do not mind just doubling up if necessary.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Nikkoal
    Participant

Glad to hear that! Have you had a flare other than this while on mino?

Spiffy

No, I was trying to make it to October with no stiff neck or shoulders. Did not make it, but this was small as compared to the big wham o! My last big one was October a year and a half ago. I really hope I can get back to Ranbaxy. It may make no difference, but it takes some of the guess work out of it.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.