Home Forums General Discussion This new website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

I find it difficult to navigate, bec. for me, it’s not as clear as the previous sites were.
    I’m not as “nimble”, I guess. What are Topic Tags? What are BBCodes?

And also please: which types of “Minocin” work best? I had Aknemin up until now, but since
    I have no insurance and have to pay out of pocket, I would like to know which Generics are REALLY
    working and where to get them.
    Thanks very much for any advice!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Barb;
    When you sighn in to this page you will see at the top in big letters COMMUNITY FORUM to the right it says …search…Just type in Minocin and you will see lots of posts.Phil is the person who really knows about this so pay attention to his posts.If you are still lost just check for posts further down the page,or page 2 or 3 as this was a recent discussion

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Barb, From what I can tell it seems like people respond differently to different generics. There are those who do horribly on the TEVA brand and/or the ACTAVIS brand (both of those that worked for me). Others love the Ranbaxy and that did nothing for me. I get my minocycline from a local pharmacy as I have found that it’s easier to deal with a small mom/pop pharmacy to get the brand name that works best for me. There are some individuals on the brand name but it seems like many of the insurance companies will no longer cover brand name for people. I was never ever able to get brand because of my insurance. I don’t know that anyone (and certainly no one on here) can tell you if the brand or which generic will work best for you.

I know some people in the USA get a brand minocycline from outside the country due to costs and availability but I’ve personally have never wanted to go that route ***if I could help it.*** So far, for me, I haven’t had to.

I would discuss with my doc what they feel is best for you as far as generic, brand or which generic to take etc. They can even specify it on the prescription that way your pharmacy has to get you that one consistently. That’s what my doc has done for me.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Also, Topic Tags are words you can add that will make it easier for others in the future to search for the post. It’s optional and you don’t have to use it. BBCodes simply help you to format what you write to make some things look BOLD or italics. See what I did just there. But don’t stress about that either. You don’t have to use those either and most people don’t. If you want to format things you can find those “codes” above where you write where you see a b, i, link etc… The main thing is, we’re glad you are here…let’s help one another how ever we can.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Barb

whaleharbor has given you some useful information. And, yes, you don’t have to use that toolbar at all. Although it IS useful when you are quoting someone’s post to highlight the text and then click on b-quote – which will put that text into a quote format. And if you are putting in a link to something, also to use the link button: link which will just highlight the words and provide a hyper-link to the site you are linking to.

Indeed, you don’t have to use them – and I agree, it’s not particularly user-friendly! I have asked our web people if there is any way they can simplify that toolbar.

Hope you get on okay with posting here. Please ask for help if you need it 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.