Home Forums General Discussion They changed my generic minocycline

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathy1465
    Participant

Hi friends-

I have been taking generic minocycline, Watson brand for well over a year now. Today when I picked it up the bottle says minocycline, brand name listed as Aurob. I looked it up on line and the company listed appears to be Aurobindo and mentions it is a company based in India. Of all the generics I have seen commented on, this one is new to me. The pills themselves are half red, half pink and have the print C 78 on them. Anyone else using this brand minocycline? I seriously would appreciate my pharmacist giving me a heads up on this before I paid for them.

Thanks!
    Kathy

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Kathy;
    Go to the Rheumatic.org site because they keep a running list of antibiotics and might have the info.This is out of date but you can get the gist.
    Anamika,

Please look at my web page http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm . Sorry,
    the pricing data is now over one year old.

I will be grateful for any further feedback on the efficacity of
    specific brands of minocycline for RA.

Sincerely, Harald

At 05:08 AM 7/15/2010, you wrote:
    >
    >hi all,
    >
    >can someone suggest the best place to buy peletted brand minocin at
    >cheapest price.
    >also want to start ldn.I’m taking 200mg HCQS and 100 mg minocycline
    >MWF. Is it advisable to take ldn wid this dose.
    >any feedback is welcome.
    >
    >thanks
    >anamika
    >

__._,_.___
    Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
    Messages in this topic (2)
    Recent Activity:

New Members 3

Visit Your Group
    To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you’re on – Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.
    Yahoo! Groups
    Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest

richie
    Participant

I would complain to your pharmacist —Aurobindo is just another producer of generics based in India —Watson has a well earned excellent reputation –ITs a case of your pharmacist trying to save few pennies by buying a cheaper generic —
    richie

mkay
    Participant

So confused on the minocycline brand thing, mine are generic, yellow 50mg capsules that say minocycline 50 on one end and DAN 5694 on the other are these ok?

richie
    Participant

Hi That is Watson –an excellent company with a good reputation –
    richie

Eva Holloway
    Participant

to the person asking if ldn is okay with minocyclin: Yes I have been taking it for three years no with no side effects. I started with 4.5 mg but eventually went down to three mg and do well with it. Some people have to start low and go up, I did the opposite doesn’t matter.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

PhilC
    Participant

If you prefer a specific generic you can have your doctor specify it on the prescription by writing (for example) “Watson minocycline capsules” or something similar. That’s probably the most reliable way to do it. Another option is to talk to the pharmacist or pharmacy technician and tell him or her that you would like the prescription to be filled with a particular generic. Of course, you need to do that every time the prescription is filled (refills included) and (preferably) before it is filled.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Kathy1465
    Participant

Thank you for all the responses. I will definitely make the request for my Watson brand minocycline in the future. I may have give this new brand a try as well, since I already have them. I will let everyone know if I notice any changes on it. Wishing each of you good health!

Kathy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.