Home Forums General Discussion Theramine, medical food for pain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

Theramine

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Krys
    Participant

Hi Trudi,
    I haven’t taken Theramine.
    It IS a fascinating book, isn’t it!
    Each time I see the word “quinolone”, you immediately jump to my mind. I wondered if you noticed on page 212, while describing Sida acuta (and related sida species): “The sidas are strong inhibitors of lipid peroxidation from bacterial membranes, inhibit quinolinic acid in the brain[/b], and significantly reduce both LOX and COX.”

Have you tried any recommendations from the book?
    I started introducing Buhner’s anti-mycoplasma protocol in May. I am close to being at the full protocol (minus 2 herbs), but already keep needing to slow down again and again.
    Krys

Trudi
    Participant

@Krys wrote:

It IS a fascinating book, isn’t it!

Yes! A lot of information. Something that struck me is that he feels that the mycoplasma infection is more of a “nutritional deficiency” because of the microbes scavenging nutrients and that these must be replaced. Top on the list: B Vitamins, Choline, Zinc, Copper, Selenium, Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, and RNA/DNA complex.

Each time I see the word “quinolone”, you immediately jump to my mind.

😆

I wondered if you noticed on page 212, while describing Sida acuta (and related sida species): “The sidas are strong inhibitors of lipid peroxidation from bacterial membranes, inhibit quinolinic acid in the brain[/b], and significantly reduce both LOX and COX.”

I’ll have to revisit this; my OATS test (although 3 years old now) does indicate high levels of quinolinic acid.

Have you tried any recommendations from the book?

I am being very cautious here, keeping my MTHFR status and fluoroquinolone toxicity in mind. So right now I am focusing on nutrients. I’ve added brewer’s yeast which pretty much encompasses his top list of nutrients to supplement; I’ve also added the olive oil; have tried the pomegranate juice and am thinking about the noni juice (morinda citrifolia). I may do glyconutrients again in the future. I’ve also increased my use of the luteolin foods: celery, thyme, sage, green pepper, carrots, olive oil, oranges, chamomile, thyme, sage, basil, peppermint, parsely–they are considered to be antihistamine and also anti-Leishmania, which for some reason always came up in my electro-dermal screening. I feel really good, except for my inability to walk/stand properly. Not only does the MTHFR interfere with healing, but also the fluoroquinolone toxicity, so this may take awhile :(.

Wish you all the best in your healing efforts,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Krys
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

My reply, lengthy and unfinished, that tried to bring out some gems from the book that would be of interest to our RBF friends, just had to go to the draft folder for now.

I wish I could magically get Theramine now.
    I’ve never been in such pain before. And nothing that normally worked is working now. I think I’ll need some steroid shot and I pray it helps. It will have to wait till Monday. I can’t afford a visit to ER. I’ll be ordering Theramine in a moment. Hopefully it will get things under control with initial help of steroids.
    Thank you for starting this thread! It reminded me of Theramine.
    Krys

Trudi
    Participant

Krys, I hope you are feeling much better today!! Hate to hear you are in so much pain. Probably time to back off on your treatment. I’ve got you in my prayers.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Krys
    Participant

Thank you Trudi. Your prayers are helping! The pain is lessening.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.