Home Forums General Discussion Testing for Lyme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ann9787
    Participant

I had the western blot test done for lyme and it came back negative. I read that is very common and that’s not an accurate test however, I’m having trouble locating the article I read. Can anyone suggest a more accurate test for this? I really want to rule this out and my primariy care dr. doesn’t know much about other tests. Thank you.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Ann,

The info you are seeking is found in the FAQ section of this website – see FAQs 31-36 here (with updated external links):

FAQs – Other Important Questions

Different LLMDs will use their preferred specialty labs for tickborne disease testing (e.g., IGeneX for Lyme or Galaxy Diagnostics for bartonella), but if you are just seeking a more sensitive/specific western blot, then IGeneX labs will mail you a testing kit if you put in a call to them. The test comes in two parts (IgM and IgG for present and past infection), so two lab codes are needed on the requisition for this test and must be signed by the ordering doctor. It takes 2-3 weeks for labs to be returned and it’s advisable to get hard copies from an inexperienced doc in order to fully examine the results (see lab test interpretation links in FAQ #34) that are provided for this purpose) and just to keep on record.

Ann9787
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.