Home Forums General Discussion Tell Me Again!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    Keymaster

@PhilC wrote:

They (EFRACEA) are not designed to kill bacteria. They may be gentler on your stomach, but they are also gentler to the bacteria. If you want to continue using them you could take more than one, like two or three, at the same time (dose: 80 to 120 mg). That way, the concentration of doxycycline in your blood would (hopefully) become high enough to have an antibacterial effect.

RBFV Message:

As a peer-to-peer patient support forum, moderators request that all users be reminded of the following Road Back Foundation forum policy.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1801

Road Back Foundation offers educative materials on the antibiotic protocols that Dr. Brown may have used. Patients are welcome to discuss these or what has worked for them, but moderators respectfully request that forum users defer from using language (see line in bold above) that could be construed as prescribing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Anonymous
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

@flower wrote:

Hi Phil Why do not you convince the modified release?just might work? πŸ™„

the choice was made for stomach problems that I have πŸ™„

It (EFRACEA) was not designed to kill bacteria. It may be gentler on your stomach, but it is also gentler to the bacteria.

Doxycyline monohydrate, on its own, is supposed to be gentler on the stomach. I would have tried that in regular (i.e., not modified release) tablet or capsule form first.

@flower wrote:

In Italy Doprovet is only used in the veterinary field 😯

I suspected that might be the case, based on the name, but I wasn’t sure since I don’t understand Italian.

Phil

Hi Phil

thanks for the help and directions, unfortunately also Doxycyline monohydrate gives me sick to my stomach so I’ll have to wait for the mino pellet filled and hope hope πŸ™„
    it’s really hard on this sensitive stomach πŸ™„

Anonymous
    Participant

@RBFV wrote:

@PhilC wrote:

They (EFRACEA) are not designed to kill bacteria. They may be gentler on your stomach, but they are also gentler to the bacteria. If you want to continue using them you could take more than one, like two or three, at the same time (dose: 80 to 120 mg). That way, the concentration of doxycycline in your blood would (hopefully) become high enough to have an antibacterial effect.

RBFV Message:

As a peer-to-peer patient support forum, moderators request that all users be reminded of the following Road Back Foundation forum policy.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1801

Road Back Foundation offers educative materials on the antibiotic protocols that Dr. Brown may have used. Patients are welcome to discuss these or what has worked for them, but moderators respectfully request that forum users defer from using language (see line in bold above) that could be construed as prescribing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi
    πŸ™‚
    is right, but in any case I always ask information to the physician but unfortunately I haven’t a rheumatologist to help me πŸ™„

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

thanks for the help and directions, unfortunately also Doxycyline monohydrate gives me sick to my stomach so I’ll have to wait for the mino pellet filled and hope hope πŸ™„
    it’s really hard on this sensitive stomach πŸ™„

There is another option you may want to investigate. There is a pelleted form of doxycycline. Here it is called Doryx. I do not know if it is available in Italy or if it goes by a different name there.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
    Participant

HI Phil

sorry I had lost the post 😯

thanks for this advice about Doryx – a pelleted form of doxycycline -that I will keep in mind …

luckily today arrived Aknemin 50 mg then I put my trust in this….
    I opened a capsule and contains micro granules 😎

in these last days I have to be careful to stress, pressures from work because I do not work for a long time …. I must by all means get back on my feet and walk but my knee is still stuck πŸ™„

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.