Home Forums General Discussion Teixobactin– New Antibiotic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kseevers
    Participant

This new antibiotic is still a couple of years from human trials — sounds promising ! What do you think ?

Calida
    Participant

@kseevers wrote:

This new antibiotic is still a couple of years from human trials — sounds promising ! What do you think ?

I was surprised and happy to see this on the national (US) news last night after reading Maz’s post. I can’t remember if this bit is from the post or news, but they say this AB should remain effective for at least 30 years, which is great news. Feeling very lucky since I found RB knowing that mino et al. will keep me safe for a while and the addition of a new AB like Teixobactin, if effective with our bugs, means I might make it to my eighties. Much better than the miserable prognosis most of us received once upon a time. 🙂

Cali

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

And to think this all came from a handful of dirt in Maine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.