Home Forums General Discussion systemic enzymes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kali
    Participant

I have been doing research on these systemic enzymes. Can anyone comment on these?…or any others as far as that goes. Would these compliment or complicate the AP?

https://www.protherainc.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=K-INTP

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

That seems to be a special kind of enzyme product. It might be useful to take on a short-term basis. Personally, though, I would be reluctant to take it unless it were prescribed by a doctor.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

@kali wrote:

I have been doing research on these systemic enzymes. Can anyone comment on these?…or any others as far as that goes. Would these compliment or complicate the AP?

Hi Kali,

Yes, a few people here use Interfase, either prescribed by the Lyme doc or AP Physician. I believe Dr. F in CA, on the “most experienced” AP doc list, uses this specific formulation, which is supposed to be a pretty good one. My memory may not be accurate on this, but I seem to recall that Nancy may have used this supplement, so you could PM her to ask. Also, if you type in “Interfase” in the search box at the top of the forum, past discussion threads will pop up on this topic.

I have found Neprinol to be a great product, too, though pretty expensive. I just felt it was worth it to spend the money on this supplement for the benefits I reaped from it in terms of helping to lower inflam and for its perceived ability to break down bio-films. It’s those pesky bio-films that seem to be a major cause of chronic infection persistence. When using systemic enzymes, it’s really important to keep them well away from food and take on an empty stomach, otherwise they just become expensive digestive enzymes.

Are you working with a good integrative doc or ND whom you could ask for input on this for you?

It’s good to also be aware that when breaking up bio-films, more bugs are potentially released from their hidey-holes, which can increase herxing symptoms. So, if you’re in the early stages of beginning AP, you may wish to hold off on adding new things until you’re stabilized and it’s always wisest to introduce any new supplement one at a time and slowly to gauge their effects.

kali
    Participant

Good info and great advise Maz. I am still new to AP (a little over 4 months) so I will wait a bit. I know the diflucan did quite a number on me and I am just now getting over that after 4 weeks! I will wait until I have eliminated some more of the buggers 😈 and then give it a try. If it is one thing I learned from the diflucan experience…killing off too much at once and becoming a toxic waste dump only hinders progress. 😉
    I have been doing the liver drink of lemon and olive oil daily and I just got off a 3 day fast which helped tremendously. I am also taking Max GXL glutithione. It is supposed to be the best oral glutithione on the market.

Best to all,
    Kali

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Kali,

As Maz mentioned, I have used Interfase Plus. It’s a great product, and some lyme doctors recommend it because it is not only a systemic enzyme, but it contains EDTA, which chelates metals. I use it to help the antibiotics penetrate biofilm.

If you are just beginning treatment, you may want to consider other systemic enzymes that are more benign. Neprinol is great, and I’ve used both Thorne bromelain and Allergy Research lumbrokinase (boulouke) successfully.

nancy

kali
    Participant

Thank you very much Nancy. I will hold off until after the holidays and hopefully I will have bounced back from the whole diflucan incident. I feel like I know one thing for sure – and that is that there is definitely some candida encased in my biofilm since the diflucan caused me so much pain in my problem areas.

eagleddm
    Participant

I have used Serrapeptase since 2007. You can read about it here.

http://www.serrapeptase.info/

It has helped me lots since 2007. I began it because I had a stuffy nose , my ears hurt and TMJ bother me constantly. At first it felt like the sound and pressure of a train was moving through my head for a couple weeks then suddenly I was clear.

I used it for arterial plaque, I was told in 2001 I had 35% blockage. My dad died from this at 70 so I am trying to head it off. One remarkable thing I found from its use is when I was in hopsital they had to poke me 10 times to try and get blood. A year later they could get blood where they could not before.

My cardio Dr. is having fits cause I take supplements. I use 2 hearts meds, but I will not take anymore. I want to use things others than drugs for A Fib. I use the AP for RA. I’m thankful for this site and information I have found.

But the serrapeptase is awesome, but take it on an empty stomach. I also food enyzmes.

Hope this helps!

Deb

kali
    Participant

Deb,
    Thanks so much! I downloaded the free information. As soon as I get ahead of this bugger a bit, I will start on some of these wonderful enzymes.

kali
    Participant

Maz and Nancy,
    I went to the Neprinol site and noticed the woman that they followed for 6 months with RA was taking 15 capsules a day. How many do you take?

nspiker
    Participant

Hi kali,

I don’t take Neprinol myself, but do take a number of other systemic enzymes. It’s benefits are great for thinning the blood, dissolving fibrosis, reducing inflammation, and improving circulation. Hopefully Maz can tell you how much she takes, and what is recommended. I do remember Kim saying that she takes more than the dose that is recommended on the bottle, but I haven’t heard of anyone taking 15 capsules a day.

I would start out slowly, and gauge your response. Maybe start with two capsules a day on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. I take mine along with minocycline, as it also potentiates the antibiotics. Systemic enzymes are also good for reducing biofilm, so there are many beneficial uses, but another reason to go slowly.

Just be sure to take it on anempty stomach, or it becomes a digestive enzyme.
    nancy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.