Home Forums General Discussion Systemic diffused scleroderma or RA

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Michou;
        I hope and pray that your mom does not need to get a kidney transplant.I know a coiple of people who had one and know of others ,through them, who also did.The kidneys rarely last more than 10 years and the immune suppressant drugs given to prevent rejection are just what her immune system does not need.For me it would be a last resort.Is there any chance that anyone in your family could be a match and would offer to donate a kidney?

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=1613]Lakes[/user] wrote:

.. and I love the picture! Your mom looks fantastic!

They said it could get better in her case but it's been 6 months and no change. 
    She does look good, needs to get her hair colored though!  She's a bit gray right now!  She's having a cocktail – her favorite Malibu Rum and Pineapple juice!  She had a great time Saturday!  Family get togethers always put her on cloud 9! 

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Michou;
        I hope and pray that your mom does not need to get a kidney transplant.I know a coiple of people who had one and know of others ,through them, who also did.The kidneys rarely last more than 10 years and the immune suppressant drugs given to prevent rejection are just what her immune system does not need.For me it would be a last resort.Is there any chance that anyone in your family could be a match and would offer to donate a kidney?

I agree Lynne.  I thought about those immune suppressant drugs and rejection and all that goes with the whole entire process and it makes me sick to my stomach with fear.  And yes, I'm sure someone in the family would donate.  I will.  And I'm sure others will.  We're just not there yet at all.  We just got that dang fistula working — why waste a perfectly good fistuala?  LOL!  I have to laugh and joke or I'd cry!  We can't go “there” now.  We need to fight the scleroderma.  Not deal with a kidney transplant.  OY, makes me nervous.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Systemic diffused scleroderma or RA’ is closed to new replies.