Home Forums General Discussion Switch to Generic and Increase to Twice Daily

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    notabene
    Participant

I plan to increase my daily dose to 2x100mg, and simultaneously switch from brand Minocin to generic Watson minocycline. Does anyone have experience with a dual change? I had no herx with Minocin 1x daily.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Personally, I would not do that. I would switch to the generic first and take it for a week or two before changing the dose. Here’s why: If you make both changes at the same time and start feeling worse or experiencing side effects, you won’t know which change is responsible. Make sense? Of course, it would be a good idea to ask for your doctor’s input before proceding.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

notabene
    Participant

Thanks Phil

I did speak with the doctor, but your reasoning makes sense – control for one variable at a time.

Alternately, I could increase my Minocin to twice daily until I’ve used it up, then switch to minocycline.

I still need to resolve sourcing for the meds – Canada, Mexico or perhaps UK. Brand name Triax Minocin purchased in the US (CVS) is costly, especially since I’m paying out of pocket.

Looks like I’ll be back in the US every three months for doctor’s appointments, so ordering can be more flexible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.