Home Forums General Discussion Successful AP treatment for Psoriatic arthritis?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pauyen
    Participant

I have a new friend who has Psoriatic arthritis, after talking with her about AP, I was wondering how fast things can turn around for the better?

Ive read and printed the testimonials here and on Rheumatic.org, but there seems to only be a few of them… so I was wondering if any people with this form of Arthritis might have any words of wisdom in how AP has helped them.

Currently she is taking Enbrel at $2000 a month and she says shes doing well.

Edit: My apologies… just used the search function and found such encouraging posts… seems diet is just as important as AP in treating PA.

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Paul,

My brother-in-law has psoriatic arthritis and treated his with diet. He bought the book “Eat To LIve” by Fuhrman. It helped him to stay off of medication like metheltrexate.He avoids food that cause him inflammation , but allows himself one day a week to eat the foods he avoids during the week. It’s worked well for him for a few years now.
    -sheri

crowchez
    Participant

Paul,

I have PSA & AS & have found AP to be magic. I have a pretty mild case so my first treatment for it was AP & even doxycycline made a tremendous difference. I’m on all mino now & may inquire about adding another abx at my next doctor visit. I’ve finally bought the book recommended by Dragonslayer (The IBS Diet by Carol Sinclair) & will be tweaking my diet further. Reading this book has allowed me to connect some dots in my past, some even back to childhood (!) so I’m convinced diet will be the final key for me.

Deirdre

Pauyen
    Participant

Thanks sheri & Deirdre for the info and diet book titles. Its good to hear diet and AP have helped so much… just have to see if my friend is willing to give it a go. She seems to be doing quite well on Enbrel at the moment, but I guess that will wear off in due time. Hopefully she’s willing to give AP a shot.

Cheers!

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.