Home Forums General Discussion Stories of Improvement with AP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kaz
    Participant

Hi again everyone,
    Maybe this has been done already and thank you if so, but I just wanted to start a thread where perhaps we can offer a quick and easy place for those of us that need a boost to read one another’s positive stories and experiences with AP therapy.

The road back is not an easy one and it has helped me so much when my spirits are low or when I am afraid, to read about the success of others, no matter how small. Hope is an important thing and I’d like to foster it in those of us that need a renewal.

Thank you to those of you for sharing your experiences,
    kaz

As for my positive story/experience: I just passed my 6 month mark with AP (generic minocycline 3x a week) and have a marked improvement with all the pain in my body but also a very noticeable physical difference with my right knee. Previous to starting antibiotics, my knee had swollen to about 3-4 times its regular size and it was so painful and I was unable to straighten it fully. Since AP, the swelling has come down so much that my knee is only slightly larger than the other knee that never had any swelling at all. The pain has diminished to the point that I can usually walk down stairs normally again and I can again walk long distances without pain. I walked my dog for an hour and a half one day and then realized after what I had done — since it wouldn’t normally be possible. It was wonderful! I know this positive improvement is from AP and I am so grateful, to say the least.

maryterese52
    Participant

Yes stories of improvement are so welcome and help though of us just starting! It is rough for me starting but I’m hopeful.what is your chronic condition? I have AS.

Linda L
    Participant

kaz,
    What is your condition? are you on any diet? How much Mino do you take? Maybe it would be a good idea to write your signature?
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

kas
    Probably worth remembering that the discussion forum is a place for people to come here for answers and the support and the wisdom of others’ experiences and that people here (with some exceptions) are generally newish to AP. Generally (again with a few exceptions), once people get their lives back, they go out and live them – which is how it should be. So, when looking for success stories, you are probably going to get more by looking through the testimonials on the main site.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.