Home Forums General Discussion Stopping by to say Hi…Its been a while

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    judy cash
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and give an update. I have been doing pretty well, although this was a bad winter for me. The RA pain is pretty much gone, but I just didn’t feel well and no energy at all. I just thought it was part of the RA, because after all that is what I have been treating for the past few years. Well now I”m not sure if it has been the RA. I had never had my Vitamin D checked before, until about 6 weeks ago, when I found out that it was at (12). My doctor gave me a script for 5000 mg. a day, and I am feeling sooooooooo much better. Has anyone else has this experience? I have gained weight, by not being very active over the past few years. But now I really feel like doing things again… I have gone through these phases where I feel better, then its gone, so I am not really sure what the reason is. I hope and pray that it has been because of the vit. D, and that I keep feeling better. 😐 🙂

I hope everyone is getting better everyday.

Much love,
    Judy

Dawn
    Participant

Judy,

I have RA as diagnosed just last year, started on D3 in 5000 daily that month, then 10000 for a short stint of 4 months, now doing it more at a maintenance level until my blood work is done (say about 1000-2000). I can say that it appears that when my dosage was increased along with the supportive supplements to D3 absorption (not already present in my diet), that my brain fog dissipated quickly (within 2-3 months of diagnosis) and has not returned. This even though I have had some flares and disease activity increases at times since then that could definitely have put me back in that “tired/can’t think/wish I could sleep-but can’t” mode.

My initial D testing came in at the very low side of acceptable – which the Rheumatologist felt was adequate. However, in conversing with others who have seen experienced Physician’s with both AP and RA, they were directed to maintaining a much higher amount to offset the adverse effects of the disease. That influenced my choice – which is simply all it is.

I don’t know if this is supportive or confusing, I certainly hope not the later and always aspire to the former. But sharing none-the-less.

Be well!
    Dawn

DawnF

enzed
    Participant

At the time I was diagnosed with CREST – 4 years ago – my Vit D levels were found to be extremely low. After a few months on Vit D tablets (1000 IU daily) the level came back into the normal range. Now I take one weekly instead of daily.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.