Home Forums General Discussion stomach problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been taking minocin for a month now and have had a lot of success with it. My only problem is that it hurts my stomach. Has anyone else had problems with this.

GayG
    Participant

Good Morning!….when I first began taking Monicin I did have problems with nausea that lasted most of the day. I was taking my morning dose on an empty stomach….the problem went away when I began taking two crackers with the Minocin…not sure if it’s nausea you’re experiencing or pain but this did help the nausea for me……hope this helps!..Gay

Judy I still have to take mine with a small cup of milk. I know this is against the rules but it beats having gastritis.
    It even tells you to on the packet of my mino. I know they only recommend apple sauce and crackers if you cannot cope but, but have found this the best option for me. Just letting you know. It does lower the intensity of the medication but if you need you can increase the dose accordingly which is what i have done to what I feel I need. It up to you. you need to discuss this with your doc to see if it is o.k.

JeffN
    Participant

Early on I tried to take my morning dose at different times. I tried to take it first thing in the morning when I got up and would wait two hours to have something for breakfast. That did not work for me stomach wise. So I eat when I get up – go to work and take my mino two hours later (midmorning) and then go home and have lunch a couple hours later. I take my evening dose before bed and have not had issues there. I never had nausea but did have some pain with the mino now and again back then. I think because I was experiencing GAVE at that point, I went with a few crackers and that made a noticable difference. Try the crackers that may help or the apple sauce. I knew about abpple sauce but being out on the job crackers were easier. I personally would not resort to any calcium (dairy) product.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.