Home Forums General Discussion Still feeling absolutely ‘bloody’ awesome…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pauyen
    Participant

Hi all,

It’s been about 8 months since I last called in here about feeling ‘bloody’ awesome after about 2 years of hell… supposed to write a testimony but got side tracked with a heavy work load… that

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Paul. Very brief reply as currently overseas. Great story, great to hear you are doing so very well….. and yet another piece of this fascinating jigsaw puzzle.

Re the no abx status, are your labs all normalised now? That is often the benchmark for cessation. Also,does Dr D know about the no abx and what is her take on it? Just curious cos so many decide to at least stay on some sort of maintenance regime as insurance.

Glad you called by and hope you continue to do so from time to time.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

June3443
    Participant

I had read the article about Dr. Meinig. Afterwards I had my root canals, which were still infected, retreated with tetracycline and light treatment. I also had to have root surgery on both teeth. I really believe my teeth caused my scleroderma. This was a very interesting article and I have forwarded to my friends who also have autoimmune diseases.

In fact, my older brother (81) who has crest SD for the last 40 years has began to have issues with his fingers hardening. So much so that he can no longer get blood to test his blood sugar. Interestingly, he has recently been having trouble with a crowned tooth with a root canal. He tried to have the tooth removed but the dentist wasn’t able to get the roots out and my brother doesn’t want go to a oral surgeon. I have sent this article on to him as I have already tried to convince him to get the infection out.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing and so glad to hear you’re doing so well!

There is a dentist here in the US who believes same – that chronic inflammatory diseases, like RA, are caused by oral spirochetes and this makes good sense in light of the herxheimer response as experienced by many after initiation of abx therapy, as, classically, the herxheimer response is defined as the die-off reaction to toxins produced by spirochetes as they are targeted by appropriate anti-microbials. Here is some info from this dentist:

http://lifeguardyourhealth.com/rheumatoid-arthritis-periodontal-disease/

In a similar way, h. pylori (stomach infection caused by this spirochete), syphilis and Lyme disease are all tied to rheumatic disease. In fact, in the case of scleroderma, H. Pylori has been pinned as a causative pathogen:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21145276

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21158008

I have no doubts that spirochetes probably exist in all of us, in one form or another, but when one gets the upper hand, they probably all confer survival strategies, one upon the other. RA, too, has been linked to H. Pylori:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2036.2002.01284.x/full

And, spirochetes, known to drill pretty much anywhere in the body, are also known to be pleomorphic, hiding out in L-form and cystic forms, changing up their outer surface proteins to evade immune detection further, but also existing in bio-films (as in the oral cavity and gut lining), attracting other fauna and flora behind which they also hide, such as strep and fungus.

All in all, it’s a pretty interesting topic, so appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Parisa
    Participant

Paul,

So glad to hear you are doing well. Thank you for sharing!

cavalier
    Participant

Glad you looked at your teeth a little closer – there is some evidence that shows a connection between mercury ( silver amalgm ) fillings & also nickel which is often found in stainless metals used under porcelain crowns to immune issues & infections including bacterias & viruses along with being a caustive factor in autoimmune diseases over time as these metals off gas into the mouth & get into the system. The off gasing is shown on film by a dentist every time a person chews. Nickel in the mouth is also linked to increased inflammation & can lead to cancer.

There are some links & postings on this forum by a few members of these findings.

My last 2 metal crowns under porcelain which have nickel in them are coming out this Thurs. When I got the silver filling removed I felt better which I didn’t expect to feel anything – so I found that interesting.
    The silver filing was 44 yr’s old & it had cracked recently.
    We found decay under one of the crowns and I had said that tooth was sensitive so I am glad I got that one removed the crowns were 17 yr’s old.
    Teeth are very much intergrated to health. I ask everyone I know who has autoimmune issues & so far all say they have alot of metal in their mouth which is interesting. Even gold can with other metals cause a person to become sensitive. If you remember cheap costume jewelry as a kid turning your finger or wrist green it was typically due to nickel being in the metal – of course copper does the same. composites are not innocent either due to what is mixed into them. Porcelain is the safest but nothing is as good as what nature gave us.

Am glad you are feeling well.

Best – Jill SD

Pauyen
    Participant

Hi Lynnie – I havent actually had labs taken for a while now, I believe the last time I did nothing showed up out of the ordinary. I never really put much focus on labs as most of mine were relatively normal when I was in the middle of it all… in agony…

And no I havent told the Doc, been quite a while since my last appointment, I hope to get down to Melbourne sometime this year to have a complete check up on progress etc.

I never liked insurance, I gather I didnt need abx before I was sick, so I dont need them now I am well… Im 100% all good, no joint or arithritic muscle pain whatsoever, good as new.

Hi June3443 – I also now firmly believe infections in those teeth caused my RA/AS (whatever they want to term it as).

So did you end up having those teeth completely removed? In the article it states there is no effective treatment for infections in those teeth, only removal… I personally didnt want to risk any possibility of them causing me any more trouble, only wished I took them out earlier, part of the reason was they were my two front ones…but thats neither here nor there now, good riddance to them I say! haha

Hi Maz – Your a wealth of (all good) information. YOU should really consider writing a book πŸ™‚ if you havent already.

I dont know all the technical terms, but after my own experience I have absolutely not one single ounce of doubt that bad bacteria hid out in my root canaled teeth, built up forces and made attacks on my body, wearing down my immune system, which was probably already stressed, struggling with a bad diet. Once the tide turned my body was swamped, causing pain all over the place, the war continued, but the immune system was losing…until special forces arrived…Klacid, Doxylin, Dalacin C, Biaxsig and Keflex corps did battle and the pain intensified… many were killed on both sides… but the good guys prevailed and the body was well once again… only the bad guys hide out wasnt known… when they were finally found… they were executed… the people cheered, the nation was at peace again… πŸ˜†

Thanks Parisa

Hi Jill – Yeah, after I made the original post I did do a search and saw your name come up a few times posting about infections in the teeth etc I had my last 3 mercury fillings/teeth removed a few weeks ago after reading up about that earlier, and yeah, thinking is clearer and I feel more energetic… Dentists/doctors have a lot of explaining to do πŸ˜€ And yeah nothing beats the original!

Cheers to everyone and best wishes, hope my two cents helps somebody in getting better.

Rosey UK
    Participant

OMG! That’s fantastic news. I’m so pleased for you Paul that’s absolutey great. I’d just been reading in my news paper that American scientists have discovered that RA can be triggered by simple bacterial changes in our stomachs. The major discovery should enable doctors to make a diagnosis before the crippling disease has taken its dreadful toll, causing painful and irreversible damage to joints. They’ve discovered that having levels of a specific gut bacteria can spark the development of auto-immune diseases. They will eventually start testing new patients to prevent RA happening. (great) if they get on with it!.
    I wii visit my dentist ASAP to see if I have a root canel filling. I hope I have nd become like you well done!
    And mant thanks for sharing this with us.
    Best regards
    Rosemary

Maz
    Keymaster

Rosemary, many thanks for letting us know this news that has come out in the UK press. I have found a link to this news item and will paste it in a new thread so others can read it. You’re a treasure and do hope you’re doing okay. πŸ™‚

Pauyen
    Participant

Hi Rosemary – Great news story and yes, I also hope you have root canal/s and that they are the cause to your problems (I feel alittle weird saying that πŸ˜€ ).

Cheers!

Paul

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Maz
    Lovely to hear from you and so glad you found the article, I should have said which newspaper it was in.

Stay well
    Rosemary.

Paul,
    Thanks for that, yes I hope it’s a deep root filling too lol!

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    Really nice to hear from you!
    Glad you read the topic I should have said which newspaper it was in.
    Now all can read it with your link.
    Stay well!
    Rosemary.

Paul,
    Thanks I hope your right about the root filling.

What I would like to know is, what about other dental treatments? Like I’m due for a crown on one tooth and a post inserted with a tooth attached, and I know we shouldn’t have mercury fillings. They tell us to go for regular dental checks, and there they are seeing us off.
    You’ve revolutionized us all!

Rosemary

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.