Home Forums General Discussion steroids useless in my case?!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    mary77
    Participant

Michele,
    Thank you for making so many of your points about Lyme, etc. This is a very complicated illness. It takes knowledgeable physicians to treat it and there are so few available to us. It is imperative we remain our own best advocate, but when so ill, it is extremely difficult to do so.

I, too, had the Genova liver detox panel run. I am missing the glutathione gene, also. No wonder pain and detox are such big issues for us! Have wondered if anyone else was similar to me!! The test reflected my life experiences with medication side effects, as well as other issues.

Thanks again for your post.

Mary

jaminhealth
    Participant

Here’s a sad story of a 60 yr old woman who is now passed…she took many steroids over her life and
    repeated back surgeries…she was forever WARNING people on the spine board I’m a member of….I never
    did the epidurals and won’t do back surgery…. but thought I’d share this sad story….

((I know some of you knew Janice from her postings on here and her avid attempts to educate people of the risks of repeated spine surgeries and epidurals. She fought to educate people about arachnoiditis (AVN) and wanted everyone to know what it was before you let a doctor near you with a needle or scalpel.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am letting everyone know that Janice passed away a few weeks ago. She was a sweet lady and I will miss her.

I do hope people listened to her about arachnoiditis and maybe even pass the message asking when appropriate. It is a horrid disease that can, at times, be prevented with a little knowledge.

Rest in Peace Janice where there is no more pain!)))

marypart
    Participant

Steroids (a couple of weeks or packs) back in 2010 did nothing to help my son’s rapidly spreading arthritis. He’s a patient of Michele’s rheumatologist and had a CDC positive lyme western blot. He also tested positive for Babesia Duncani (WA1).

In the end, the rheumy also treated him as a Mixed Infectious Systemic Disease case and he had lots of positive test results for parasites, fungi, bacteria and especially viruses.

The rheumy did Lyme treatment, but over the two years treated it all. He’s still on antivirals.

The outcome: the tiniest bit of pain in the left ankle– more likely due to repeated injuries from years of basketball.

And, he’s back playing basketball on his university intramural team.

Treat arthritis as an infection. It works. Steroids have the danger of helping infections grow.

Mary

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve used steroids in small, medium and large doses on and off for years firstly for asthma and then for r.a. I find taking prednisolone orally causes some horrible reactions. I recently had an injection in my shoulder and was painfree for a week only. Then four weeks later I had another injection in my shoulder and that one lasted nearly four weeks before pain started coming back all over my body. Steroids have been the only thing that has helped but how many can I have with some degree of safety?

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi, a good friend has been taking grape seed ex for over 5 yrs now and her asthma and allergies are
    so improved and asthama reduced…I’ve spoken a lot about grape seed ex here…been taking it myself
    for going on 18 yrs…..long stores on that.

I’m still have good results on Anatabloc which I also have a long post going here….good wishes. jam

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.