Home Forums General Discussion STEROID INJECTIONS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SallyS
    Participant

Hello all,
    I just recently started taking my meds but the wrist inflamation is so bad that I scream in pain even if someone lightly nudges me. My doctor gave me an injection in my finger about a month ago and said I should get one in my wrist as well if the swelling and pain do not go down…well it’s been almost 2 months and it hasn’t. I read these corticosteroid injections are very bad but since it helped the last time I know it will help this time too. Is there something else I can take that is more safe?
    I will go see him next week and am at the point where I will take anything just so this pain can go away. Any advice or thoughts please.
    Thank you Sally

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Sally,

You should probably go ahead and get the injection. However, there is more that could be done so that you don’t have to keep going back to him for repeat injections. Your doctor has started you out on the highest dose of minocycline, which is really not an appropriate starting dose for someone with RA. To make matters worse, he also has you on a sulfa antibiotic, and to top it off you are on sulfasalazine (another drug with antibiotic properties) as well. In addition, you are taking LDN which makes some people worse (much worse in some cases). So it’s really not a big surprise that you are in a lot of pain right now.

If I were in your situation I would be seriously considering lowering the dose of minocycline I am taking. Also, I recommend that you go back and re-read this reply that you got from Maz on Nov. 30, 2012:

https://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65307#p65307

It may turn out that you’ll need to do more than just lower your dose of minocycline, but it would be a good first step.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

jaminhealth
    Participant

Some folks on another forum were discussing steriods and how they can raise blood sugar…this is oral and injections…..good to think about.

How about some acupuncture in the problems areas…I’m still having good results and did my 14th recently….most all over body…in my hands too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.