Home Forums General Discussion Stem cell for treatment of RA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlynne
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

@jlynne wrote:

http://www.cellmedicine.com/treatment/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Have you heard of this?

Discuss….

Yes, have discussed adipose tissue-derived mesynchymal stem cell therapy with my doc. His prime concern is that fat tissue is a heavily-laden repository for the body’s toxins and would want to ensure that the stem cells that were harvested were “clean.” This hospital does make sure the harvested stem cells are free of microbes, but there are other toxins with which to be concerned that I would personally want to feel satisfied about. I’ve done quite a bit of research on this for a relative with MS. From what I can gather from online discussions, cost is in the range of around $20000 (not including flight/living expenses for duration of stay in Panama). From some of the online testimonials I’ve read, it seems some patients need to go back a second and third time for more treatments as the first treatment doesn’t always stick.

VetStem in CA is having phenomenal success with dogs and horses with autologous adipose tissue stem cell therapy, but it is not widely available here in the US for humans. I think there is a doc in FL who is offering it, but not sure of cost. As it is still considered in the realm of “experimental,” insurance is very unlikely to cover it. I have read of some folk getting coverage, but this was on compassionate grounds when all else had failed and for other conditions.

The benefits of “autologous” stem cell treatments is that it is your own stem cells that are harvested for use, thus no risk of rejection. The main risks are “how” the stem cells are harvested, stored and cleaned up for use. I wouldn’t consider donated stem cells from cord blood or donated placenta or any donated forms as the risks for tumors and rejection aren’t yet fully understood. The type of stem cell therapy used by conventional medicine is far too risky, completely killing immune function, and then risking foreign stem cell infusions. It would have to be a last-ditch, life-saving effort, IMHO.

Another alternative is autologous blood-derived stem cell (using one’s own blood) treatments, which I can provide some info on privately, if you would like.

Maz
    Keymaster

I think there was a question here about fat tissue and stored toxins, but it seems to have gone now. I had done a little research on this last night, but am sure if one is interested, quite a bit more on the subject can be found.

Here is some info on the types of toxins stored in fat (adipose) tissue:

http://www.sicksyndrome.com/toxins_and_sickness_syndrome.php

“The goal of NHATS was to investigate the presence of xenoestrogens

kali
    Participant

Ruffian,
    That is unbelievable! So what you are saying is the fat harvested from your own body could have been harboring toxins that then started all the chaos? It sounds like the time line was right and the parts of your body where the pain started sounds highly suspicious too. It took 8 years for me to realize that my neck pain was coming from a toxic root canal. It sounds like you are on to something here.

Kali

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.