Home Forums General Discussion Starting I.V. Zithromax

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eileen
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Thank you to all you wonderful people here. All of you have been of much support and help to me. What a great place to be at the RBF with friends and people who understand.

After being off abx. for over two months detoxing, a decision has been made as to where I go from here.

I.V. zithromax, mino and plaquenil with two Glutathione pushes a week (and will remain on strict diet and detox). Started plaquenil last evening. Trying to get the inflammation under control before I.V. starts. Starting back on mino. in two weeks and then I.V. to add after that. This will be a 7-day a week protocol. For how long? That I don’t know. Too many variables to consider.

I did very well on this combo. before (although zith wasn’t IV–but oral). Does anyone here have any experience with I.V. zith?

Dr. said to anticipate major ‘die off’ reaction, which is of no surprise to any of us here — it’s just getting through it that really rots and I’m narcotic intolerant. So I’m going to need all of you more than ever for your support and understanding.

Still have a long way to go but really looking forward to remission someday. That day will come. ๐Ÿ˜€ I will never give up hope for a day without pain. Staying positive!!!!

Any comments, suggestions, etc. are more than welcome!

Thanks,
    Eileen

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Eileen,

I will never give up hope for a day without pain. Staying positive!!!!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place, and a great attitude ๐Ÿ˜€ . I’m curious as to, why the IV Zith when you tolerated orals?

nancy

Eileen
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Neuro symptoms have increased and having been off abx for more than two months, better penetration through I.V., avoiding the gut. Also an attempt to get arthritis under control.

Eileen

Maz
    Keymaster

@Eileen wrote:

Hi Nancy,

Neuro symptoms have increased and having been off abx for more than two months, better penetration through I.V., avoiding the gut. Also an attempt to get arthritis under control.

Eileen

Eileen, just listening to Dr. R. S. (LLMD who ran longterm IV studies for Lyme) who is talking with Dr. C in the ILADs conference Saturday lunch-break Q & A. He just commented that at least one year of IVs are required to reverse neurologic Lyme and that the use of one month of IVs has now been shown to be “antiquated.” ๐Ÿ™„

Eileen
    Participant

Hello all,

It had been almost two mos. since I stopped abx. and other meds. Resumed plaquenil 12 days ago. Within 3 days, various odd symptoms and horrible gas and funky colored stool. Maybe herx. response??? Added oral azithromycin on Saturday night, stomach not doing well with it or the combo. Now, I truly understand the importance of detox and will continue while on abx.!!! Sure glad I did that for a couple of months. Trying to figure out when to start adding the mino again. Dr. suggests 100 mgs. 2x a day. Me? I’m not too sure my body can handle it. I’m thinking more in terms of a few times a week. Any suggestions? Still awaiting I.V.

Best to all of you,
    Eileen

Parisa
    Participant

Eileen,

My husband got to the point where he couldn’t tolerate orals anymore. When he switched to IVs it was a huge relief for him. Not only did it give his gut a chance to heal but the IVs have a better penetration. My husband did about three months of IV Zithromax (with malarone) as one of the combinations for babesia. I hope you are able to start on the IVs soon.

Eileen
    Participant

Thanks girls. I am hoping to start I.V. very soon. We had a snowstorm recently, and it sent power out for 5 days — delaying I.V. treatment and communication between drs. My gut still really needs a break from meds. I went 14 mos. straight on orals and my body just isn’t tolerating it any longer. I need to start Mepron, too. Last attempt at Mepron, head pain and intestinal issues so needed to discontinue. Going to give it another whirl. Today, I had a glutathione push done. Within 45 mins., I noticed a change. ๐Ÿ™‚

Eileen

Parisa
    Participant

Eileen,

My husband did Mepron in his first round of Babesia treatment. He actually did much better on the Malarone so if you can’t tolerate the Mepron see if you can’t try Malarone instead.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Eileen,

You know I am with you 100% on this .. but you also know that the longer you have the disease the longer it takes to get better. I am sending you lots of ohmmm’s thoughts & best wishes for this to be a less bumpy ride than the first time you went through it.

Will call you tomorrow to see how you are doing.

Cheers,
    Maz.aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Eileen
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m currently on abx. after a slow start up & after a 2 3/4 month abx. holiday and detox. Here’s the current smorgasbord of abx:

200 mgs. plaq. 2x
    100 mgs. mino. 2x
    250 mgs. of (oral) zith. 2x
    mepron 1 tsp. 2x
    tindamax only on weekends

I’m feeling the Mepron working, head pain the first two days and today other unpleasant symptoms but am going to push through it this time. Still awaiting I.V. zith.

Eileen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.